Any Human Nutritionists or Dieticians?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Mass, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

2. desederada

desederada New Member

Ice Cream ;D
    I found this online.....To gain weight it is also very important to maintain a steady routine of drinking at least 2 liters of water a day. Many people are constantly dehydrated and their body is starving for fluids. The human body starts out being about 90% water and by the time we die it is around 70%. Water is essential for all kind of cell and organ functions, tissue generation, and to circulate trapped toxins and by-products back into the bloodstream and out of our systems.

Eating nutritious, high calorie foods or snacks several times a day instead of two or three large meals can also help you gain weight steadily. Eat plenty of lean meats and proteins, nuts, vegetables, and fruits. Liquid protein drinks can also be helpful weight gainers. Try to decrease the junk food or fried food you eat to maintain a more constant blood sugar level and energy level

1.Eat nutritious foods that are high in calories. Examples are whole-grain breads, vegetables such as avocados and potatoes, kidney beans, lean red meat, poultry and fish.
    Step2.Increase the caloric value of your meals. Add powdered milk to casseroles for added calories, add avocados and olives to sandwiches, add wheat germ to your cereal, add chopped meat to your pasta sauce, and so on.
    Step3.Avoid skipping meals. Knowing how to gain weight involves consistent eating. Eat three meals a day and at least two snacks.
    Step4.Increase your normal portion size. Take a second scoop of pasta, or add two bananas to your oatmeal.
    Step5.Choose higher-calorie foods when given a choice. For example, corn is higher in calories than green beans.
    Step6.Relax - excessive fidgeting and restlessness can burn up a lot of calories.
    Step7.Add weight lifting to your exercise program. It helps build muscle mass.
    Step8.Balance your caloric intake with the number of calories you're burning. You need to be taking in more than you use up, and you may need to ease up a little on your exercise program.

3. snaffle

snaffle Guest

When my 2nd son went to high school and wanted to put on weight.. he and his football buddies..

drank slim fast.. with each meal

4. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

Come live at my house- I can put weight on anyone or any animal! :D

5. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

How do you figure out how many calories you burn?

Our son is 5'11 and weighs 125. It doesn't matter what that freakin kid eats, he still can't gain weight. I swear he's got the metabolism of a hummingbird. He's had the same size waist since he was 12. We haven't gone the "supplement" route, because he's only 16, and I'd like to do it naturally, but he is a goalie and starting to go against bigger, stouter guys, and is starting to get injured. He lifts weights, so I guess I'm wondering if it's okay for him to drink Ensure or something like that. He has a very healthy appetite and not a big junk food eater. Very active!!!

6. desederada

desederada New Member

The Ensure would be good. Any extra healty calories that he can possibly consume will help. A bowl of ice cream daily wouldn't hurt either ;)

7. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Milkshakes....or lipo transfer from some of us who want to lose weight. ;D

8. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

Well, we are doing the 4 or 5 smaller meals a day - including ice cream!

I love to cook so that's helping -

I'm sure it will be slow but, better safe than sorry - I think putting it back on too fast won't be good either -

I wish I had a metabolism like that... hell I drive PAST the grocery store and gain weight!

9. desederada

desederada New Member

You need to get that kid a road bike ;) The cyclist would kill to be 5' 11" and 125 pounds. The kid would be like lightning :D

10. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Oh, he is lightning on a bike. Only, we live right on Rt 71.....insanely busy :eek: No way he's riding down the highway. He also LOVES to cross country run. He's now running to and from school when he can...(approx 4 miles one-way).

I will def try the Ensure, and I'm sure that he will love the icecream idea. Problem is, the other 2 kids have weight issues on the other end of the spectrum and sneak the food that I buy for him. >:D :mad:

11. desederada

desederada New Member

That would be terrible having a brother that could eat anything he wanted and you have to watch what you eat. :-

12. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Yes, she struggles with it daily, but deals pretty well.