Bailey

Discussion in 'KiKi's & Poochies' started by Powdernsmoke, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke New Member

Is it weird to ask for prayers for a dog? Bailey and I spent over two hours at the Vet this morning. We are waiting on BW to confirm it, but signs are pointing towards a tick borne disease. She has a high fever, and almost non-existant RBC's. She is on Doxycycline and Pred, and is pretty sick. She is scaring the HELL out of me, all I want to do is cry.

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Prayers and healing vibes coming your way. Get well, Bailey!!!!!!

3. jenpw

jenpw New Member

No, it is not weird to ask for prayers for a dog. They are just kids with fur! I will keep you and Bailey in my prayers. I hope she feels better soon!

4. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Sending prayers and healing thoughts!

5. April

April New Member

Sending healing vibes for Bailey!!!

6. AmyB

AmyB New Member

Just saw this, sending prayers. How is she doing?

7. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke New Member

Thank you for asking Amy. She perked up a bit after the meds kicked in, but just a bit. She is still no where near herself. She is eating and drinking well, and I am babying her with canned food to make sure she keeps eating with her meds. We are still waiting on the results of the tick panel. I am hoping that it comes up positive, then at least we will know what we are dealing with. She must have bumped her head somehow, her right eye is now totally occluded by blood. This whole no clotting factor because her RBC's are so low is scaring the hell out of me. Actually, I am just scared in general for her.

8. aahpets

aahpets Resident Smartass

Oh no! I just saw this. Sending all prayers, good vibes and healing thoughts your way.

And it is most definitely NOT wierd to ask for prayers for your dog. You know we will all send them.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  9. BUC

BUC Administrator

I just read this Dot! Healing vibes for Bailey!

10. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I saw the post on FB. I guess I thought she would be better by now.

I am so sorry she is still Ill. I hope she recovers ASAP!

11. drawstraws

drawstraws New Member

Jingling for Bailey. Hope she's perking up and you have answers by now!

12. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke New Member

The tick panel came back negative, so we rechecked her platelets today. They were even lower than saturday. We did xrays, and nothing showed up in her chest or abdomen. We started her on a immune support drug today, but it won't kick in for 5 to 7 days. So now we all hold our breaths, watch her like a hawk and HOPE.

13. Sarah315

Sarah315 New Member

Oh Dottie, I'm so scared for you. Big prayers to Bailey! Big hugs to you guys too.

14. Rachel

Rachel New Member

F.

<jingles for Bailey!!!!>

15. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke New Member

Everyones prayers and jingles must be helping. I am trying not to be too excited lest I jinx us, but she is definitely a bit perkier. She is even barking at people again. She has a bit of a droopy eyelid from an entropion fix when we got her, so it is easy to see the mucous membranes in that eye. It was looking pinker to me yesterday, but I was afraid it was wishful thinking. Now today it is definitely a bit pinker, and her gums are looking a bit pinker as well. All of her MM's were death white before, it was scaring the crap out of me. I am sure she is not out of the woods yet, but maybe I can stop being so damn terrified now.

16. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

jingles, jingles, jingles...... C'Mon girly!

17. aahpets

aahpets Resident Smartass

good vibes good vibes good vibes good vibes

good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts

Prayers prayers prayers prayers PRAYERS!!!!

18. cinner74

cinner74 New Member

Sending jingles!

19. AmyB

AmyB New Member

So glad she is improving.

20. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke New Member

OK, I am NOT hallucinating this, she is improving. She is acting more like herself, her gums are definitely pinking up, and she is even eating dry food now. I have been keeping her eating by feeding her canned food off of a spoon. I am so damn happy right now, I want to yell it at people. My dog is OK!!! I honestly thought there for a while that we were going to lose her. Cara and I were so scared, we watched every move she made for days (and are still doing it actually) and stayed home on the 4th to watch her.