Carriage Horses-Worthy Of Re Posting!

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by BUC, Oct 13, 2008.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

Shannon

Carriage Horses on Channel 5
    on: October 07, 2008, 09:23:42 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worthy of a post!

What an F-ing JOKE!!! Did anyone else see this? OMG... just think!!! The carriage horses ATE in the same area they defacted (stalls), and there were NO screens to keep bugs out! OMG- No Screens, whats this world coming to? People Feed their horses in stalls and they dont have screens to keep the bug off... oh, and heven forbid, their roof leaked a little!!!!!

I can NOT believe how ABSURD the report was. I have no idea if the "allegations" are ligitamate (at the end they stated horses were seen by a vet in August and all found to be in excellent health), BUT it was a friggin' JOKE what the news showed! I am appauled to say the least! I think I am going to write Channel 5 a letter, I TIVOd the segment too...

I feel REALLY bad for that carriage company. Their horses looked great and the stalls looked nice.

The news showed:
    A horse eating hay in a stall, that *gasp* had manure in it
    A SMALL ANIMAL VET (Derek Landini, sp?) commenting on horse care (while examining a dog in his clinic)
    A horse vet (Patty Cline-Meinke sp?) examining an EMACATED horse from ANOTHER location/ story
    A stack of hay
    Blurry pictures claiming filth, but you cant tell if the horse is standing on shavings or maybe a days worth of manure? (you could see all hooves).
    A picture of a horse with what appeared to be a sweat mark on the horse's back and called it a "sore."

OMG- if they came to my house, we have NO SCREENS, our roof leaks when it rains, and *gasp* my horses eat hay in the stalls they crap in

Report Spam Report to moderator 205.188.117.18 (?)

BUC
    ADMIN

Re: Carriage Horses on Channel 5
    Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:25:53 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uggggg......I am really glad you posted this over here.

I swear, what has the horse world come too. I'm amazed they didn't shit because the horses had to work for a living too (or maybe they did? I didn't see it)

Report Spam Report to moderator 12.207.185.249 (?)

http://bustedupcowgirlblog.blogspot.com/

onmy87

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:56:45 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Most of us know, or are familiar, with the person who runs that carriage company. I'm hoping she will stop by here and add her $0.02....or in her case, 2 million.

This has been a bogus war waged against her and her subcontractors for quite a few months now. It appears to have been instigated by someone who feels the need to be vindictive on a grand scale.

Considering how WMAQ handled this by being completely judgmental and unopen to hearing her side, I'm not sure there is much we could do as a group. However, I think this person deserves our support and maybe we can come up with an idea to negate some of this negative publicity.

Report Spam Report to moderator 24.1.179.236 (?)

horsedreamin

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:20:26 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

We might start out by a mass e-mailing to WMAQ stating how disgusted we all are by the slanted and biased reporting they have done. Also add educational information about horses since they obviously have no clue whatsoever. Could make a comment about how they are just supposed to report the news, not slant it to fit their or anyone else's agenda. (Yeah, right.)

Maybe threaten a boycott of Channel 5. Just some ideas.

Report Spam Report to moderator 67.72.98.45 (?)

darkhorse

Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:24:24 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

I saw it. I actually emailed them through their website. It was one of the most ridiculous stories I have ever seen.

Report Spam Report to moderator 209.183.32.24 (?)

horsedreamin

Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:33:28 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

can you post a link to the story and/or their e-mail?

darkhorse

Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:36:16 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

I can't post links from my phone, but maybe someone else could...the website is nbc5.com

Report Spam Report to moderator 209.183.32.13 (?)

horsedreamin

Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:48:58 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

I've been to the website and can't find the story. Of course, I'm dealing with sucky dial-up. Couldn't find how to contact them, either.

I'm just stupid today.

darkhorse

Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:19:02 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

I can't find an article on their site about it. But to contact them if you look on the right side of the screen, above where it says "live video," it says contact us. Click that and you can email them.

Report Spam Report to moderator 209.183.32.20 (?)

horsedreamin

Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 11:26:13 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Thanks

HossDriver

Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 12:04:45 pm Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Aye, it's my company. The Channel 5 story is the result my stalker managing to get her ex-lover producer at Channel 5 to push the story. How do I know? I've been following the stalker's website, and she posted Denise Zak's name long before air time. The only people who knew she was being interviewed were myself and the people at Channel 5. My stalker is a very sick and twisted individual who hates my guts because of what I have.

I will come clean about the one stall that they were claiming was gross. It was. We've built that location with no professional help, IE poured the slab, put up the Farmtek, built the stalls. (Considering how many times we've built stalls this past year, we've gotten darn good at it) The truck lot next door to us is higher ground than we are, and well, we flooded a few times before we got a handle on it. We hadn't gotten to her stall before Animal Control came in for an unannounced visit that day.

The hay they showed? Is moldy. It's being kept around for water control. Metro Water Reclamation District asked that we keep some hay on hand to filter any run off from stalls, so we do.

The "sore" on Cassa's back is a rub. It never scabbed as her owner was very quick to keep it from getting worse. See, Cassa's owner hates her sooooooo much that she bought her a beautiful new harness. The new saddle caused a rub. Mel kept after it diligently with gall salve and there's not so much as a white mark to indicate anything was there.

The only thing Dr Landini did for our horses is to write our quarterly health certificates. It's a City ordinance. 8 of the citations that they mention? Are for missing health certs. In the second quarter, I was so busy keeping up with trying to keep the City happy (we had to relocate our stalls into the courtyard temporarily, which is another saga) that I never managed to get all of the horses out to the vet. Oh so heinous. Two of the tickets are for the third quarter, which I have certs for, so those will get thrown out. The rest are a slap on the wrist.

Denise Zak - sandbagged the owner for the horse she showed in the photograph and wouldn't let up until we gave the horse to her. Monet was never overworked. She had a genetic defect which caused her hind leg deep flexor tendons to contract. It started up 11-12 years ago, and her driver (manager at the time) worked diligently with vets to get the tendons to stretch. Much money was spent on special shoeing which helped. The less Mo worked, the more on her toes she was.

Stacey - ex-subcontractor who didn't pay her rent for months. Lied like a dog non stop, ignored warnings to shit or get off the pot, insisted she was taking care of her horse (hardly cleaned the stall) and was/is in cahoots with my stalker.

So there you have it. I run such a disgusting operation, y'know? I've only put myself in the poorhouse to hang onto animals I dearly love and greatly appreciate for what they give me. I've stuck with the roller coaster ride because of the loyalty and deep bond the people who work for me have given.

No way in hell was I going to go on Channel 5 when I got wind of how they were going to spin the story.

Report Spam Report to moderator 75.27.81.179 (?)

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

appyrider
    Area MOD

Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 12:37:22 pm Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Damn...

Is there anything we, collectively, can do? Stalk the stalker? hahah

Please say the word! Halloween is coming you know, all in the name of pranks is allowed!

Report Spam Report to moderator 69.47.100.44 (?)

---------
    http://thestitchincorral.blogspot.com/
    http://www.diamondehorsecompany.com

BUC
    ADMIN

Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 12:39:51 pm Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Woo Hoo! The Hoss is in da house!

<sorry, carry on>

Report Spam Report to moderator 12.207.185.249 (?)

http://bustedupcowgirlblog.blogspot.com/

AKPonygirl

It is lined with tin foil.... no more voices....

Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 03:11:57 pm Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Quote from: onmy87 on October 07, 2008, 09:56:45 am

Considering how WMAQ handled this by being completely judgmental and unopen to hearing her side, I'm not sure there is much we could do as a group. However, I think this person deserves our support and maybe we can come up with an idea to negate some of this negative publicity.

say it isn't so.. a TV station being one sided and biased??? never!!! I can't even watch the news on ANY channel because of the one sided crap!

I am all for a new MH ninja raid!!

Report Spam Report to moderator 209.112.196.233 (?)

If I had a hammer....

56 hooves

Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:44 pm Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

And, the horse vet mentioned is the new director of hahs who is paid $25,000 per year. However, she works full-time at a small animal clinic. Does this seem a bit strange to you? 56hooves

Author Topic: Carriage Horses on Channel 5 (Read 113 times)

mrponies

Twice

Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:53:36 am Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

Wow, hossdriver, talk about kicking someone when they're down. It sounds like you have plenty to deal with on your plate and now this.

3. HossDriver

HossDriver New Member

It is the tip of the iceberg on a year that can only be described as hellacious.

And, considering the lack of reaction to the story that aired coupled with my still being in business, the assclowns are trying to whip up a frenzy....once again. *sigh*

4. onmy87

onmy87 Formerly QueenFluffBunny

Now what are they up to???

5. HossDriver

HossDriver New Member

They're trying to get NBC to come in for a "follow-up" story. Ice cube's chance in hell of that happening.

6. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Hey, prayers and much love sent out to you Hoss. If you ever need to get away from it all -- just let me know.

The media sucks! It doesn't even try to give the appearance of fair and balanced anymore. They should just call it "PravdaAmerica" and be done with it :mad: