Chicken buyin'

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by JenR, Jan 6, 2009.

1. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Ok, talked to Ideal Poultry. I can order the end of Jan. for a spring delivery. They will mark chicks if requested, and will contact me when they ship them (so I can be there right away to pick them up). I don't have to have a minimum amount of chicks, but do have to have a minimum $25 order (like that will be hard to achieve).

I've had some folks here interested -- anyone else wanting to get in on it? Send me your list of birds you want and what delivery time works best for you -- I'm looking at sometime between end of April and first of June due to weather for shipping.

I think I'm getting 2-3 of each for myself:

Barred Rocks
    Speckled Sussex
    Buff Orps
    Australorpes
    Easter Eggers
    Salmon Faverolles
    and a Silkie or two, you know, for the kids ;D

Anyone else wanting some of those breeds, just let me know, I'll order extra.

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Just because I'm curious.

What is the price per chick? Or are they different price for different breeds?

3. JenR

Different prices for different breeds, if you want males only/females only/straight run, and depending upon how many (of each breed you order -- if you order over 24 of one breed, you get a lower rate per chick, and so on).

4. lori

lori New Member

You know I'm in... Incidentally, people, be on the lookout for a used rabbit hutch kind of thing so I can saw the legs shorter and make it my chicken house. Heeey I know where I'll post that request...

5. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Jenm, I'm in...I'll pm you my order soon-I promise.......maybe we can meet in C-U with Lori to pick up the chix?

6. JenR

That sounds like a great idea -- Lori? You up for a chicken pickin' up rendevous?

7. lori

lori New Member

Yup, that's cool, or I have been meeting my daughter's dad in Dwight as of late. But C-U is fine too.

8. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Dwight is fine, too, and actually LOTS closer to my house:)

9. JenR

Ok, have heard back from some people -- I am willing to set the date of the delivery to something that works for all. I need some confirmations and a delivery time frame that's copasetic to all.