Child killed in Helicpoter crash~

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by SIERRA, Oct 16, 2008.

1. SIERRA

SIERRA New Member

I just heard on the news that air angel in Sandwich crashed about 1:30 this morning. Air lifted a 13 mos old baby ( from Sandwich hospital) to take to a city hospital, parents were in route. They crashed into a tower line in route. Killed all 4. :'(

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

3. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Prayers to those families involved.

4. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Oh, that's awful. :(

5. sandburs

sandburs New Member

OMG that's terrible. Prayers to all families.
    :'(

6. horsedreamin

horsedreamin New Member

My husband woke me up about this. Our 15 yo son had a bad injury in August and was air-lifted to Rockford out of Valley West Hospital in Sandwich. It's a very very small hospital.

The medical teams usually fly out from the hospital that is receiving the patient or from an independent company, as far as I know. There is no helicopter medical unit at Sandwich hospital, and I'm wondering what company it was.

I cannot begin to express how scarey it is to see your child take off in a medical helicopter. My heart just aches for those parents and the crew's families. The patient's family always has to drive to the receiving hospital. How horrid to drive all that distance to Chicago, being terribly worried for your child, just to be told that news.

God bless all those people. This one really hit home for me.

Edited to add: I just read that it was Air Angels out of Bolingbrook. That company originated in West Chicago, but later moved to Bolingbrook.

7. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

That is terrible!!!! Very sad!! :'(

8. horsedreamin

horsedreamin New Member

Just found out it was the grandchild of an acquaintance of ours. MyTeDun is good friends with the grandparents. :'(

9. Angien

Angien New Member

thoughts and prayers to all involved.

10. PT

PT New Member

I heard about the accident this morning. It happened in Aurora, on Eola Rd.

I just couldn't imagine... Prayers to all involved in this. :'(

11. morapt

morapt New Member

How sad. Prayers to the family of everyone involved.

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Helicpoter crash in Aurora~~

A medical helicopter crashed around midnight last night in Aurora on its way to Childrens Memorial Hospital in Chicago. All 4 people on board were killed--- Pilot, nurse, paramedic and a 13 month old girl who was suffering from seizures.

This little girl is the daughter of a dear friend and granddaughter to a couple my husband and I have a close relationship with. The dad (Rob Blockinger) is a field medic in the Reserves, based in Kansas right now training to leave for Afghanistan next month.

Please pray for this family and the families of the other three people on board.
    This family is suffering and not sure if dad will be allowed to come home~

13. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I heard this on the radio.

How tragic for everyone.

I'm so sorry Barb. Your friend and you have my condolences.

14. morapt

morapt New Member

God I would hope they would let him come home for something like this!

15. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Same here, Rob tried to get a deferrment when his unit got deployed ( second time) only to be told no! He didn't want to leave his wife and 2 1/2 yr old son with the responsibility of caring for the baby.
    She was born with problems and has been in and out of the hospital every month or so. She suffered from "failure to survive" syndrone. I'm not sure exactly what this is but she was fed thru a feeding tube and had a direct line in her chest for IV's. Very sick little one! So happy all the time though, Rob would put her and big brother in the wagon and pull them around the neighborhood----smiles all the way!

Why do things like this have to happen? 4 lives snuffed out in a heartbeat.

Please pray for those involved, there are 4 families in shock today

16. Pixin

Pixin New Member

I heard that this morning on the way home from work. Very,very sad. :(

17. djangology

djangology New Member

Eola & Liberty, apparently.

I live less than a mile from there. I wondered why my dog started barking in the middle of the night.

18. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

A news crew van went flying past here about an hour ago----- I'm surmising they were at the grandparents house trying to get an interview.
    Why can't they just leave a family alone at a time like this.

19. kelly

kelly New Member

my 6 year olds sons classmate's dad was the paramedic on that helicopter .such a heart wrenching time for all these families involved.

20. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

The news crews have been swarming around town trying to get a story.
    The family left this morning and will be staying with relatives out of town----- I went over to feed the dogs and there were 3 vans sitting there and another 2 cars lurking on the other side of the street. At least a dozen business cards in the mailbox from journalists requesting a call back.

Why do they have to be so morbid and bother families that are suffering so bad? I do not feel like there is any excuse for this behavior--I realize its their job but write the story with the facts and leave the families alone.

There are 4 families going thru hell this evening--- Please pray for all of them that they can endure what is to come.