Christmas Shopping

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Mass, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

2. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Christmas shopping??? what, now? Yikes its that time of year already?
    Guess being sick basically all summer messed me up~

I will be getting my xmas club check sometime next week and the only thing I plan on doing with it is shopping for the grandson at ToysRus. I simply can't handle the amount of people in there after Thanksgiving, other then him the shopping will get done once I figure out what they want and what I can afford.

Small family TG so it isn't that hard!

I'm the type of xmas shopper that goes out once its cold, snowy and last minute! Thats the fun of it for me.

4. Shell

Shell New Member

I started about a month ago. Today we got 2 family members done and I think my daughter's done as soon as I get the ladies tie-dyed long sleeved t-shirt I ordered in my daughter's colors.

Appyrider: I LOVE the socks! How much? Seriously! I have a thing for cozy socks. It's a treat I give my feet at home.

5. kats

kats New Member

First off I don't like Lorna - look at all that great stuff she can knitt. Forget about the Christmas presents I want those for myself.

I started yesteray at the Fall Didley craft show, got a few things but not as many as in the past.

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

appyrider (aka Lorna) is my x-mas hero!
    I ordered 4 pair for gifts ;D (well, 3 are for other people's gifts and one pair is a gift for me! ;) )

7. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Well, with one daughter marrying this year, I instantly was "gifted" with a new son-in-law and 6 yo grandson to buy for. Then, both daughters decided to have babies this year so increase that by 2 more!! Thankfully the new babies won't understand and I can get away with smaller things this year! >.< That won't be true for too long though!!

8. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Done . . .except for my sister's baby to be. She is due the first of Dec and I want to get some gender specific things for "it"

9. AmyB

AmyB New Member

I am dreading it. I thought last year was lean but this one is gonna be nasty. To top it off I work retail and never fails to suck any holiday joy out of you, no matter which holiday and worse, we do Christmas with hubby's family and they aren't doing well with the death of my nephew this past spring so it's gonna be bad all the way around. What we all really want for Christmas is a buyer for the house, same thing we wanted last year. We think we are making it easier for 'santa' to grant our wish, but who knows! ::)

I think I am just going to make a point of making sure I cannot work Sunday mornings and get myself to church during the month of December. It always helps put me in the proper spirit of the holidays and I think I just need to remind myself what it really is all about and not feel so sad over the whole thing.

I sure wish I had some talent like Lorna, just a smidgen of hers. Such beautiful things.

10. morapt

morapt New Member

My dad bought our family tickets to his house in Fl for this Christmas. I'm grateful but with the way money is right now I just would rather hunker down and just get gifts for the kids and forget about the rest of the world. I think if we turned off the phones, only had Christmas music or seasonal cartoons and a tree it would be ok. I'd venture off the property for food and church.

11. lori

lori New Member

Nothing yet, I think I bought almost all online last year, so it's not stressful or anything. Amazon.com has this neat feature where you can make lists for people. So whenever I think of a good present for someone, I add it to my Amazon.com gift list for that person. Then for birthdays or Christmas, I just look at the list, see what's appropriate, maybe the list will give me an idea for something else, and buy--though not always from amazon, I still price shop. It's an awesome help. And that is probably the most organized, planning ahead thing I have ever done.

12. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Not shopping yet! I like to go shopping when it's cold snowy and feels like Christmas! ;)

I like to hold off on getting my Christmas money out till Dec 1st. but it might be Thanksgiving weekend.

13. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I'm trying to convince my husbands side of the family to quit exchanging gifts. All the grandkids (nieces and nephews) are now adults. We're all on such tight budgets and most of what is given is not needed. I know my MIL can't resist the gift giving but the siblings sure could stop the process amongst themselves. It will cost us $250+ just to drive up!

My side of the family still has young kids so I'll buy them a little something but my sisters and I don't exchange gifts....just photos of the kids.

14. horselessnolonger

horselessnolonger New Member

Haven't even started yet :-[

Need to get my act together. Too bad only a few horse people on my list or I could get a big dent done next week at Congress.

WJFan and I usually make a career of shopping the day after Thanksgiving...yep, she has my sorry a** up at 4am in the cold - but it is fun and I can usually get everything finished up then.