Clydesdale Sale

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Roherynn, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

Ok, so I tried posting when the original post was here, but I think that it disappeared....

Anyone going? I would really really like to, but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to miss it this year. I would like to see what horse Ridler's are bringing though; I fell in love with their mare they had last year.

2. marleycreek

marleycreek New Member

I'm probably going, I go every year. Bought a gelding last year in Madison. I love the sale. I wish everything I go to wasn't in April. Sometimes it seems like I need to take the whole month off!

3. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

Which gelding did you buy from Madison last year?

4. marleycreek

marleycreek New Member

An eight year old gelding, Robert. He was the wheel horse off of the Great American 8 horse hitch. He was consigned by someone else that had just got him from great american. He is a roan.

5. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

I am planning on going. This will be my first year.

Do they have vendors set up so that you can buy stuff there from them? I am wanting to come home with a forecart.

6. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

HF's go to the sale through the day and then come party at night at the Trailride with us all ;D It's not very far away.

7. marleycreek

marleycreek New Member

Yes they do have vendors, but not a lot of horse drawn equipment. They have added a new and used tack sale before the horse sale, the first time was last year, and they said it would continue. You might find one consigned there.
    Have you ever been to the topeka carriage auction? They would be the place to go for a good price on a forecart. It is in Topeka Indiana, and it is also in April, if I remember correctly. I bought a wagon and a cart there.

8. pinp

pinp New Member

I waaaaaaaaaaaaanna goooooooo... doubt if I can drag the Sebbers there though :asspank:

9. HALL FARMS

I will have to check out the Topeka auction.....thanks

Pony....I doubt I could get hubby to go...might just have to leave him at home!

10. marleycreek

marleycreek New Member

You should try to get your husbands to go. The men usually end up really liking the big guys. My husband loves the Clyde sale, in fact the one we bought last year is his horse. It really is an amazing sight. They really go all out as far as grooming and showing these horses. It is like no other sale I have ever been to. Every horse is groomed, clipped and braided. There is a halter show, then a mandatory preview of every horse in the sale. Most horses are harnessed and driven, or ridden in the afternoon. It kinda sucks that it is spread over three days, if you only have one day to go, but we always consider it a vacation :D. And there is always the chance of coming home with a filly for a dollar!!

11. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

This is one of the few breeds where I would have to say that there are a lot of guys showing and working with the horses....I wish there were some younger ones though ;)

But the auction is really neat; I also liked the talk that they did I think it was Thursday (?) about laminitis.

12. HALL FARMS

I can't wait to go to the Clydesdale sale. My husband will go with me to the sale. He is not a horse fan but he enjoys watching them. He is the only person I know that as a kid when his pony died had to beg his mother not to buy him another one! He is good to have around though because he does enjoy making hay and feeding the herd.