crib to toddler bed?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by jedders, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jedders

jedders New Member

how do you get your child to sleep in a todldler bed? My daughter is 2 1/2 and I like to get her out of the crib and into a big girl bed :)...then get the little man outa my bed :eek:

2. asuits

asuits New Member

What we did with Lindsay is totally redid her room and let her choose the colors and everything for it. We talked up the big girl bed repeatedly (and even moved her straight to a twin instead of a toddler bed). Then we sent her to my mom's for the day and did her room. We walked her into her room and she squealed my bed my bed and jumped in it. Never had a problem with it!

3. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

I never had a problem either. Talk it up all about being a big girl and getting a big girl bed etc...When my son was little and started sleeping in his own bed I had a rule that he couldn't get out of his bed until I knocked on his door in the morning...it stayed cracked, but not open(unless there was a good reason for him to get up)....well, the first morning I heard him calling to me "MOMMY, KNOCK ON THE DOOR"!!! He did that every morning for over a year. I'm not sure why he didn't just climb out of bed, but he didn't. It still makes me smile to think about and he's 12!!!

4. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

I skipped over the toddler bed as well and got him a twin bed. I let him go with me to the furniture store to choose a headboard and try out the mattresses making a big deal of finding the perfect one. We used a bunkyboard instead of springs under the mattress....that way he was low to the ground and could get in and out of it easier. He was thrilled to get a new bed and to pick out "big kid" sheets and pillow cases.

5. morapt

morapt New Member

I put my daughter in a toddler bed before my son was born. I just made a huge deal about being a big girl (she was 2 1/2). I changed her to a twin bed about a month ago and put my son (2 in November) in the toddler bed. He took to it great with no problems. Both of them are not allowed to get up until we say ok. Every morning I hear "MOMMY, GET UP PLEEZ." So funny

6. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

Little man just went in his new big boy bed Monday night...

No problems, he loves it:)

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

HOOOOOORRRRAYYYYYY

ummmm is it time for another one? >:D

8. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

No more breeding in this house!!!

I also have an 11 year old daughter...nuff said :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. event78

event78 Guest

Brittany went into a toddler bed at 2. She LOVED it!

10. Angien

Angien New Member

Kenny went straight to a twin bed. We took him to the store and let him pick out his bedding and the next night he slept in it and now he will NOT let anyone even sit on his bed too long. :D
    Just get her involved.

11. mrlugar

mrlugar New Member

I got a Little Tykes race car bed for my son. It was close to the ground, so no fear of falling out. The first night though he freaked out because I had to take the crib mattress out to put in the toddler bed - not sure what caused the freakout, but it must have looked like a "do or die" situation to him. I let him sleep back in the crib and borrowed a mattress from a neighbor the next day. On night 2, he saw his crib was still there, intact, and the new bed was ready to go, so he was fine with moving onto the big boy bed. I left the crib up for a week or so and he forgot about it.

He too wouldn't get out of bed until I came to get him - I figured it was from his crib days, since he never tried to climb out of it.