Does anyone show-- Breed, Speed, reining, cutting?

Discussion in 'The Carrot Stick' started by MyTeDun, Oct 14, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Anyone on the board do any type of showing?

I'm curious as to what everyone does with their horses~

I am starting to trail ride and I show my gelding at open shows (so far)

Have a 6 yr old that I want to train for mounted shooting (eventually)

2. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

I have a QH gelding I'm planning to show QH with-I went to open shows with him and one QH show this summer. He's a hunter under saddle horse-but I need him to be more finished before fitting in at breed shows, though he places highly at open shows.

I also have a yearling paint gelding I halter with at open shows, and if I make it to paint shows (which unfortunately I didn't this year) he'll go there.

Stella is my Hunter under saddle paint mare-she got to one show this year for walk trot-I'd like to show her at breed shows, but again, she needs more practice.

Kid is my halter horse gone western pleasure-I LOFF him. He'll do breed work again next summer.

3. Jamik

Jamik New Member

I love to trail ride, and all my horses do that, no problem.

I also have a reining horse that I show, which is more fun than I can even begin to explain! We will be showing in NRHA and at the Paint shows too this coming year. I also plan to dabble a little in amateur horsemanship and amateur halter with him, just for fun.

Next weekend I am going to check out an American Ranch Horse Association show to what that's like. They have reining, ranch halter, ranch pleasure, roping, cutting, you name it. Sounds like fun too.

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

That sounds like fun, something different for the horses.
    Where is this show being held?

5. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Over at Crossroads Arena, the new place in Cloverdale, Indiana. It sounds really neat, so I'm gonna check it out.

6. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Jami, let me know what it's like -- might be something Jessica might be interested in down the road with her potential beastie.

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Same here Jami-- Sounds alot like the QH foundation shows. OF which I can never find one anywhere close

8. Cadence

Cadence New Member

Yes, we do all kinds of showing. My duaghter shows on the a circuit, saddlebreds, saddleseat. I do more o the lower a's and b circuit showing saddlebreds in western and huntseat. We hope to hit some open shows next season!

9. heypony

heypony New Member

I show pleasure horses mainly at AQHA shows and some open shows. We did teampen heavy for many years but havent much since BF was sick.

10. morapt

morapt New Member

I breed and show both the rated and open shows. I have to admit I've been on somewhat of a hiatus for showing due to kids. We took our weanling colt to our first rated show for halter. I'm also working with my mothers black morgan mare under saddle and I'm hoping to show her western next year. We'll see what money does.

11. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

Open shows, APHA, and hope to venture back to AQHA this year (time allowing) mainly in Hunter Under Saddle and some Western Pleasure.

This year I ventured into the world of Warmbloods with a yearling Oldenburg filly in hand - I am assuming I will take her out a few times next year too.

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Sounds like you are going to be awful busy!
    Have fun~

13. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Sweeeeet 8)

Anyway back on topic: Daughter does barrels and poles

And I show my mare to anyone that wants to listen to me brag. :D