Dream trucks

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by lori, Jan 8, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

OK, so rather than further make ET's head spin, here's a new thread. What's your dream truck!

I was going to look for a pretty bright blue TopKick, then I saw this one.
    [​IMG]http://powet.tv/2007/07/06/transformers-movie-ironhide-custom-gmc-topkick-rolls-out/

No, really, this kind of thing
    [​IMG]
    A simple little 4500. That is a totally reasonable request. But I want bigger tires and better, shinier wheels. And it should have leather, because you never know when a dog is going to yak on the seat.

I just have this feeling, when we replace Ol' Trusty (95 Ford F350 Dually), we'll spend a gazillion dollars and it won't be as reliable as that old thing.

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Wow, Lori - We're SO on the same page (except that mine isn't GMC) ;)
    So if I ever win the lotto...
    [​IMG]

Or if my second or third husband is wealthy enuf...
    [​IMG]
    ;D
    ADD: that above truck should be a dually ;)

3. desederada

desederada New Member

The tires on that first one would kill you going down the road.

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

Heheheheee....there not all that bad...I ran mud runners on my truck until about 4 years ago. The noise was the biggest issue. Windows up and the stereo still had to be blared to tune the tire noise out :-[

5. lori

lori New Member

LOL, here was my first truck... Dad bought it and then was kind of embarrassed and I was like, MEMEMEMEMEME MIIIIIIINE and he let me drive it for about 6 months til he picked up the bedliner and then he got rid of it like, the next day.
    [​IMG]

At one point it had really gritty, nubby tires--ok, so definitely not as much as on the black truck. And it had a flowmaster exhaust. It was SO loud. I was driving to class every day at UIUC and parallel parking that beast, I LOVED it. I would still like that truck better than the sedate soccer mom SUVs I have had lately.

6. PT

PT New Member

I drive past mine every day *sigh*

It's a F250 SuperDuty super cab with big nubby tires, front chrome bumper cover, bed liner, diesel, and a really cool silver shadow paint job. WANT!

7. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Lori,

What is that plant growing in the "pot"?

8. lori

lori New Member

Har-dee-harr-harr Tbitt, that's my Dad in the picture too, so nothing's going on there! It was a big ass spike plant, but then mom quit bothering to take in those pots for the winter, so now they just get replanted every year.

9. PT

PT New Member

Ooh, who won all da trophies??

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

Oh Lori, don't you realize that "that" generation are still the biggest heads around? The younger crowd has moved onto much more exciting deadlier drugs..... :)

11. lori

lori New Member

Nooooo not my dad, really. Never. Now, my good friend's dad, the draft dodging hippie high school history teacher, that's another story. Another friend's dad, the Romanian communist fleeing music professor, I've SEEN him do it. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Those are my dad's trophies. He's a drag racer. (Get it, quarter mile cars!) Sadly, he did not have all that concrete poured in that building for me to have horses on it. :(

OH! And another story! Let's just say I got them VERY concerned over a bag of catnip. LOL!

12. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My dream truck is... any truck that's hooked to a horse trailer!!! ;D

13. Buffy

Buffy New Member

:th_appl:

14. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I' ve got my eyes and my dreams on one truck and the damn thing is sitting at Apache (Govich?) in Sandwich.

Burgundy with tan trim, 4x4 Lariet-- F250, Power Stroke, 4 wheel drive, Diesel, extended cab, all power, soft tan leather, GPS, electric beer window, lots of chrome----its the King Ranch Edition. I'm drooling just thinking of this truck!

Sticker = $67300 before all the other charges for a 2008

My darn truck is a 2001, F250 Lariet, Power Stroke Diesel, all power, leather, 8 ft bed is still worth $12000 and it has 248000 miles on it~~