Excellant video concerning lack of forward

Discussion in 'The Carrot Stick' started by desederada, Jan 6, 2009.

1. desederada

desederada New Member

2. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I watched until 4:03 w/o the sound (I'll watch the whole shebang later). Looked as though he had a rather young, rather distractable and distracted horse who didn't want to even think of giving in the shoulders/back, and had other ideas of what would be a fun thing to do that day.

He was even black too.

I feel your pain You Tube dude.

What was the topic about?

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Youtube dude was Stephen Peter's addressing establishing forward. You can kick this horse all day and he won't go forward (I feel your pain) even though he is rather hot he's not getting the message.

4. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

He's looks a lot like my horse, could be his fancy, expensive doppleganger even -- physically, movement wise, and the attitude/training issue on one of BGA's "days of soul searching and headaches(for me; BGA doesn't seem to suffer from them at all)". His head and ears even look like BGA's.

I feel your pain You Tube Dude Mr. Peters, then (like said, didn't have the sound on).

Give me a spoiler -- does he give any tips on how to manage this sort of thing at the end? Because then I will sit down to watch the entire thing (if he says something depressing about an incorrigible horse, I ain't watching -- my soul can only take so much you know).

5. desederada

desederada New Member

I haven't watched to the end yet but so far he's very supportive of the horse ;) I also need to finish reading the thread on UD but it just requires alot of quiet time to try and understand and absorb it all and I don't have much of that.