Going back to School

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Angien, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Angien

Angien New Member

Its scares me more than giving birth to my 2 children.
    BUT
    I have to do it. I want the certification and pay increase to not only better myself , but my quaility of work.
    The extra money would be nice too.
    I just need to get $1500.00 together by November 1. I can do this.....
    I just keep doubting myself.

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Good for you!
    You CAN do it!

What Cert. are you going for?

3. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

it took me a bit to realize that going back to school was a good thing... I was scared to fail.. but it wasn't that bad at all and I wound up with a 3.6 GPA in the end ;D

you can do this...

talk to the school.. sometimes you can get them to let you make payments.. tell them your situation..

Good Luck!!!

4. Angien

Angien New Member

I would like to become a professional coder through the American Academy of Professional Coders.

I really need to do this as my Medical Assistant certification gets paid next to nothing and so does my vet tech....

5. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Good for you Angie!

Will the school take a payment plan? I did all my schooling (so far) without student loans, GSU lets you pay 1/4 of your tuition per month, you just sign a paper saying you will, its that simple (well, cuz if you dont pay you dont get a degree, ha!).

6. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Also - look into credit for life experience programs. I wrote papers instead of taking about 7 classes. That was 22 credits! I can give you more info on what those programs require if you would like. Just shoot me a PM.

7. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

GREAT for you!!! i took the plunge this semester too . . .thought it was going to drang on and on, but my first 2 classes are almost over. You can do it, just plan and make time for it.

8. Angien

Angien New Member

Thanks for the encouragement!
    I talked to the administrator. If I enroll by Halloween they will work with me on payments. ;D
    This is a done deal now.

9. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Dooooo it!!!! Just hollar if you need help or a bost or anything!