Grandchildren

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Who has grandchildren
    How many
    Do you ever babysit for them voluntarily

We have one grandchild, 2 yr old grandson~
    He is definitely our buddy, we spoil the hell out of him but also teach him to respect us and do as we say.
    He is better here then at home~ hehehe!! I'm bad

We try to keep him weekends once a month
    He adores coming here because of the horses---- Drives his babysitter crazy with his vocabulary (horsies, bit, bridle, saddle, stirrups, and all the names of the horses) I love it!

He is here this weekend and tomorrow we are going to a pumpkin farm then back here to ride before he goes home.

2. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

That is awesome! I wish my parents lived closer. They retired to the south, and my kids miss their regular visits with Nana and Papa. :(

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

There is no way I could relocate and not see my son and his family all the time. I'm a sucker for family!

How often do you get to see them Sarah?

4. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

Well, my Dad lives 5 hours from us, and he comes up about once a month. He is my rock, my kids are closer to him than anyone else in the family. He is 90 years old this year and I curse the fact that surely sometime soon, he won't be able to drive and see us. And he won't move home, his wife owns propery there where they live. And it's much cheaper.

My mother lives in Arkansas. We havn't seen her since she moved there 2 years ago. My mother used to see the kids about once a week when she lived in Huntley. I wish she was a "sucker for family" like you. It's hard not to have any family close.

5. Daretodream

Daretodream New Member

I have a grandchild on the way, due in December. I am really getting excited. My daughter is having a boy and her husband also has a son that is living with them now. He is 3 and very energetic. He loves horses but does not mind or listen well enough yet to be around them much at all. I am looking forward to having little kids around for the holidays and just around in general. Can't wait for leadline class!

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I have one!
    He's such a joy to me. I only wish I got to see him more. We get together once a week for a dinner with the kids.
    He's hilarious, adorable and has stolen my heart.
    He's very much like his daddy was at every stage. Looking through Patrick's baby book and watching Peter grow, well, it's remarkable how genetics can be stamped so strongly, ya know?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Practicing for the real thing!
    [​IMG]

7. BUC

BUC Administrator

;D He's adorable!

I don't want to be a grandma for a really long time. PohTayToez....if you read this, I mean a REALLY long time ;D

8. asuits

asuits New Member

I'm really lucky. I work 4 days a week. My inlaws are 10 miles from us and my parents are 20 miles from us. My inlaws watch the girls 2 days a week and my parents watch the girls 2 days a week. We're all pretty close.

9. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

This is our little guy- 2 yrs old--- Blaine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. You gotta find that boy his own pony! ;D

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Oh a pony is definitely on our list. I want a little pony, not much bigger then a mini to start with and DEAD broke.
    Ex: retired pony ride pony

This kid is addicted and I can't be happier~

12. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Well, let's see.....My first is a 6-3/4 year old grandson named Tyler whose daddy married my baby girl, and she's expecting my third grandson, Riley Kane, any day now. They live in Newport, TN and we'll be going down there in 2 weeks to visit!!!

My second grandson, Logan Everest, was just born 4 weeks ago to my older daughter. They live in Leland, IL. I was able to babysit the first Saturday after he was born so she could go garage saleing with her dad! (Hey Auntie Barb, have you gotten over to visit the little goober yet? ;) ) Her mother-in-law will babysit during the week, and I'll get him occasionally on the weekends. I believe I have him Nov 1 and probably the day after Thanksgiving so Steph can shop!!

A little out of order, but you get the picture!!