Green River Winter Social Night January 24

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by snaffle, Jan 6, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

The Green River Saddle Club is having their first annual Winter Social Night, Saturday, January 24, 2009

It begins at 7:00 p.m. and ends at midnight. There is no admission fee.
    Green River has sent special invitations to 5 saddle clubs and wishes to invite anyone who would like to have a fun evening out with other horse enthusiast.

Bring snacks and your favorite games. Sit around and chat with friends and make new ones.

The Green River Saddle Club is located south of Amboy off of Route 52 at:

1580 Morman Road, Amboy, Il 61310

2. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

We'll be there with Fox Valley Trail Riders Assoc! Loking forward to it. I wish it would have been an afternoon event so that up peeps that live so far away could get home at a reasonable time but hopefully that will be a thought for the next one.

3. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

It needs to be alot earlier...us peeps coming from far away (60 miles one-way for me) won't be going. I think 2:00-7:00 or 8:00 would be good. Then if people want to go uptown Amboy for more adult beverages, the night is still young.

4. snaffle

snaffle Guest

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

AppyGSP, remember you still have to drive home, no matter what time it is over - I suggest you not hang too much "uptown". You might have to spend the night.......... :D

6. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Spend the night? Where? Certainly not at Pigshit's? ;D :laugh: (inside joke)

GRSC will hear from many people that they want this earlier...so we can practically count on it for next year.

7. Tbitt

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!

:asspank:

8. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

:th_backtotopic:

9. Tbitt

btw -

I belong to 2 ridding clubs (and only two). From what I'm gathering both of these clubs were invited to this shindig.

Why is it that I, as a member of both of these clubs, have not recieved an oficial invite? :nana:

I actually want to go!
    Will the consession stand be open?
    I'm sure I don't have to ask if the bar will be open ;)

Horsefreak - I will definately tell the hubby NO twister!

10. snaffle

snaffle Guest

tbitt we announced the social evening at the RRTHA club meeting..and I think it was in our newsletter..

the bar WILL be open at Green River.. so no sense going downtown Amboy....

all the BEST people will be at the saddle club ;)

I am not sure if the kitchen will be serving ..
    I know they asked for people to bring in snacks !!

Yum... fun food!!

Since this is their first annual social night, I am sure the officers and directors will be more than willing to make next years even more convenient and better! :D

11. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

TBITT I'm going to send an e-mail out this week with the flyer. Cindy sent it to me and I purged my email at work befor the layoff so I wasn't caught red handed with personal crap on the puter, so I have to get it again.

12. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

This is just a reminder ..............this is tonight! ;D ;D ;D ;D