GSD Breeders

Discussion in 'KiKi's & Poochies' started by Cannoka, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Cannoka

Cannoka Senior Member

2. Joie

Joie New Member

I have been chatting with that breeder ^.

Hoping to visit this weekend!

3. April

April New Member

So did anybody go look at puppies this weekend?

4. Joie

Joie New Member

Hopefully tomorrow…

5. Cannoka

Cannoka Senior Member

I haven't done squat. Starting a new job and trying to tie up loose ends at the present one.
    I think I may wait until this North Pole weather gets done tormenting us before I bring a pup home. Don't want to have to do a search and rescue for it in the drifts. :p

6. Joie

Joie New Member

7. Powdernsmoke

Powdernsmoke Active Member

SQUEEEEE!!! How old is she?

8. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Awww... She is adorable!!!!

9. Joie

Joie New Member

She's 12 weeks old. She is wonderful! She is attached to Moira. Literally…she is HER dog, already and must be touching her pretty much at all times. Isn't that crazy the way they pick their people?

I am meeting with an established breeder Thursday. Eventually we plan on breeding, but right now I am looking forward to raising my pup(s) and building a nice little kennel building this summer. I am hoping to "apprentice" from some really great breeders so I can feel confident that I am on the right road. My husband is totally on board, and is super excited and loves the pup, too. Our house is certainly busy! It's so fun, though.

10. April

April New Member

What are her lines and do you have pictures of her parents?

11. Joie

Joie New Member

I have pictures of the female, but only saw a video of the sire. The lines aren't anything "special". Rock of Ages and Vom Tonti (Tonti Trail).

I've actually found a female in North Carolina that I like as well, and I am going to a kennel tomorrow. I hope to bring home a female as a companion for Lucy that is more her age and more willing to actually PLAY, unlike Buddy who stares at her like she's an alien.

12. Joie

Joie New Member

Here are my new, new dogs:

[​IMG]

Heidi and George Vom Haus Kuhn. We LOVE them. They haven't been house-raised so it is a bit of an adjustment for us and them. Potty training THREE big dogs has been tiring. But they are very smart, and little Lucy absolutely adores George and they play fight all day. Heidi is a very reserved dog. Very sweet, but not a dominant female so she stays out of the shenanigans.

We haven't introduce the two big puppies to Buddy yet, as he was tolerant of Lucy but had no interest in playing. I may try him with Heidi first. I am just not quite sure how it will all work.

13. susiebk

susiebk New Member

OH-you went to Adam Kuhn! I got my FIRST german shepherd from his brother Joseph....I had Connie v. Kuhnhof! You got some wonderful dogs there. :) You should be happy with them, but take them EVERYWHERE with you to socialize them while they are tiny. It will pay off in the long run.

14. Joie

Joie New Member

Yes, we are working with Adam. I did a bit of research from people who have nice dogs, and I browsed the forums before I actually took the leap in. The pups are 6 months old, so they are past the tiny stage. The female is from another co-owner of Adam's. She was bit in the face by another dog at that co-owners' kennel in Missouri, and you can tell she was never an "inside" dog but she is by far the fastest learner! She learned how to walk on a leash in 12 seconds and is the first to potty outside and never goes in her crate. She is more reserved but super sweet. She loves everyone.

George is all boy, and he and little Lucy are all over the place. He will actually try to warn us about needing to go if he's in his crate, but doesn't try to warn us when loose in the house. I have been cleaning a LOT. Lucy is potty pad trained which kind of sucks, because I never could figure out how to get them trained off the pads and onto the grass. I am sure I could google it but one step at a time!

Last night they were left loose in the house with Buddy. So, FOUR dogs in my house…hubby didn't know "which on went in which crate". :mad: Luckily, there really wasn't much carnage this morning. A couple of piles by Lucys potty pads and one giant puddle. SO, I might just see how they do in just the kitchen area tonight. Last night they had the WHOLE house.

15. April

April New Member

Man you went whole hog when you went after a puppy LOL NICE looking pups so when they are old enough to breed I just might be calling you for my next pup.

16. Joie

Joie New Member

I'm a "whole hog" kinda girl. ;)

Honestly, I am just tired of all of the horse chores. I am going to keep the producers producing for now, and keep breeding until they age out of it, but I am going to continue to sell the young stock and probably not replace the broodies as they age. Maybe one or two, but I think the dogs will be more family-friendly for us, especially since my husband is really on board. He's going to start going to training at Adams in Spring when the weather clears. Yay!

17. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

They are adorable! Sounds like you have your hands full full full.. but how fun is (most of ) that?!

Keep us posted as they age and train!