Happy New Year, goodbye 2008

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Angellou, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

So how are you celebrating? We stay home to avoid the drunks!

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

*sigh*
    Driving an hour to a friends house for a small gathering, staying for a couple hours, leaving about 10ish so I can get home to bed before midnight!
    I'm taking care of a friends horses for a week starting tomorrow AM and working Thursday. I have to be up at 6am!
    I'd prefer to stay home but my hunny wants to go to this party and won't go alone. Bastage!

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

The farm where I board turned one of their barns into a 'bar'. There's always been a wood burning stove, but he just installed a hanging furnace 3 weeks ago. So they're having a huge masquerade party there tonight. Appetizers and champagne provided, just BYOB.
    I believe Rexy78 and Sierras are going to be there too. Should be an interesting evening! :w*o_ho

4. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

We stay home most of the time, at least after 7:00 p.m., on "amateur night"....

Hey, ya want to go out for dinner and/or drinks? I already asked Sarah315, but hadn't heard back yet. Tomorrow night (Thursday) would be OK too.

Hopefully, 2009 will be a better year for all of us...including fuel prices, real estate, employment, and the stock market.

5. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I have a nice stew in the crockpot and we plan to rent a movie and hang out. I know, boring right?

6. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I usually stay home and sleep right through it. Some friends here in town invited me over, so I'm going. It's only a mile away. I think they're under the impression that I'll stay till midnight. I'm thinking I'll be home by 10.

I just want this suck ass year to be over with. The last several months of '08 were some of the worst of my life and the bitch was in there with shit right up until the end. Good riddance!!!!!

7. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Hubby and I are lucky. Our VERY good friends live around the corner and have a bar with amenities as nice as ANY top bar in Chicago. Actually, probably nicer :)

We have about an 1/8 mile drive home. Our properties connect, we keep saying we need a gator or something to get there and back :D but the road is so much simpler.

8. Rexy78

Rexy78 New Member

I'm working a 16 getting off at 1600. Coming back at midnight and working another one. I hope I have time to stop by. Sleep keeps getting in my way of having a good time.

9. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Sleep is overrated. You get enough when you die!