Have A Happy Period

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Oct 17, 2008.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

Really, what the fuck is that all about.....I want to punch the f'ing TV or radio every time I hear it.

Also that insurance company that says "even if you don't die". Please, let me in on the secret of living forever.

Dumbasses

2. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

PMSing are we? *#* th_bolt

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Glad to see I'm not alone...I want to shoot the TV screen when that one comes on.

Oh yay! I'm SO HAPPY when my period comes. I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER *----
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! Everyone else is also happy when I have my period too; my husband is ESPECIALLY HAPPY!! :fluffb :fluffb

Gawd, somebody choke them...and then give me a cigarette.

Is it just me or does it seem like the commercials anymore are actively promoting the "Stepford Lifestyle"?

4. PT

PT New Member

Also, why are humans the only mammals that lose half their body weight in blood once a month? God's little joke??

BF with a death wish loves the joke "How can you trust something that bleeds for a week straight and doesn't die?" I usually ask him if he'd like to personally find out?!?! >:D

5. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

PT - I'm beginning to understand why you need 8 mods.

Buc - starting to rethink a visit to your house unless you divulge the schedule of your cycle.

6. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

One of my favorites is:

"I have genetal herpes." Followed by the smiling happy SO saying "And I Still don't." and then they grope and kiss.

Seriously? How do commercial writers think this is a good idea?

7. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

Hey BUC :bs_20 foff

8. JenR

Peg, does this mean you have Happy Periods[sup]TM[/sup]?

9. pinp

pinp New Member

My thought process for said period....

'oh thank you jesus.'

'RAWR!'

-die-

10. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

Mine are short and very very very painful I don't get out of bed for those three days

11. JenR

PS, you are welcome to come over and shout profanities and threaten the TV with bodily harm with me.

12. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

THanks Jen

If I ever find myself I just may do that LOL

13. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I see those commercials and just laugh ----I don't have to deal with that crap anymore and its WONDERFUL. Oh menopause you are a god!!

14. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

I hate those bright pink and flower decorated wrapped maxi pads......and kotex has that stupid bright red flower and big red dot (what's with that) on their bag of pads....and Always comes in bright green or yellow package.....just love plopping that bright neon wrapped bag o' pads in my cart at walmart and then meeting every person I know as I travel to the checkout counter.
    Think they should wrap them in black to fit my mood during that time of the month.

15. JenR

I think the bloody things should come with a complimentary trial size of Pamprin and a chocolate bar.

They're packaged that way to make you feel HAPPY (which I suppose I am sort of happy when I get my period, seeing what the implications of not getting it would be).

16. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: Today, I would gladly sign up for a hysterectemy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

As far as the Happy period talk: I believe that men :ass_h are responsible for the marketing of thoses products. Any woman would know better. . .

17. JenR

I suppose men would be HAPPY that women would get their periods too -- but if men are packaging the monthly lady blotters then they really should find some way to serve their own self interest (and self preservation) and do the Pamprin and chocolate (or maybe, I don't know, free samples of mary jane and mini tequila bottles). Would certainly be a godsend for them if women were a bit more blissed out for that week.

All this talk of monthly cycles reminds me of a friend I had in college -- her first "real job" after graduating from Rose Hulman was in a lab, trying to build a better tampon. Everyday she would go to work and do research and development on plugs...she drank a lot after work back then; I used to drink with her. Her name was Jen too..

18. lori

lori New Member

19. BUC

BUC Administrator

Aunt Flo will depart days before your arrival. But FYI, I'm always PMSing....but somehow I think you already knew that >:D

20. thmblina1

thmblina1 New Member

Shad, I totally agree...men are behind the marketing campaigns for tampons and pads....if I did a commercial it would be a woman laying in bed sleeping and it would show her dreaming of a man in pain clutching where a uterus would be looking at his choice of femine products. She would have a smile on her face while she was dreaming that men had to go through the same thing we do!