I been Chicken Huntin'

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by asuits, Oct 27, 2008.

1. asuits

asuits New Member

No joke! I went Chicken Huntin on Saturday.

I stopped by my husband's cousin's (Angie) place last week and she was putting wire up over her Chicken yard. She had lost a chicken earlier in the week and they weren't sure if she somehow got out or if the Chicken Hawk that has been in the area got her.

Anywhooo...My mom and dad, my brother and his wife (who is total citygirl moved down here 3 months ago) and the girls and I loaded up and headed for The Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur. On the way home I decided to swing by Angie's place to show my mom the ghost that she had made out of a tomato cage (uber cute!)

We get about 2 miles from Angie's house and there's this chicken sitting on the side of the road. I quickly call Angie and ask her what her missing chicken looks like. It's brown. The chicken on the side of the road is brown. Angie states that she's on her way. Kris (my brother) and I hope out of the car and start trying to catch this chicken.

Angie shows up, Angie, her daughter Bonnie, Kris, my dad, my mom and I are all chasing this Chicken around the road and through the cornstalks.

Every once in awhile you'd hear, I SEE IT I SEE IT! and then OOHMPH - Damn f'in chicken!

Then you'd hear LOOK OUT LOOK OUT HERE IT COMES! IT'S HEADED NORTH! NO, YOUR OTHER NORTH YOU RETARD!

Followed by HERE CHICKIE CHICKIE CHICKIE AND BUUUUUUCCCKKK BUUUUCKKKK BBUUUCCCK and then again DAMN CHICKEN!!!

45 minutes later we gave up. We had 45 minutes of side splitting laughter as we were running through the corn stalks chasing this chicken.

I am now seriously scratched up from running through the corn.

Damn wiley chicken will stay loose for yet another day...

But we had an absolute blast!

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

3. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Too funny! ;D

I'm picturing Road Runner and Wile E Coyote cartoons in my head!

4. lori

lori New Member

LOL... I saw a chicken out in my area and wanted to stop and catch it. But even this city girl knew better than that. :p

Siiigh. I love chickens.