I got lost

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by Peggy Sue, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

Hope you all who know this park are sitting down LOL

We got lost in Hutsonville WIldress Perserve yesterday and ended up on Route 1 and two miles South of where we needed to be .... :3*

I yelled Marco but nobody yelled Polo

2. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

LOL

One time a friend and me was riding and somehow we got lost, kept feeling like we was doing circles. So finally my friend just dropped the riens over the horn and nudged her old mule to go and for ya knew it we was back at the trailer. Thank God for the mules! It was so amazing to watch the old mule when she came to a crossing, she would stop, look and then go. I kept laughing saying these here mules haven't a clue either. Boy was I proved wrong. ;D

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

No doubt. Several years ago a friend (70 year old riding buddy) and I were down at Shawnee....he had a place down there for about 40 years and knew it like the back of his hand. Well on this night we spent way to much time at the bar. What should have been 1 1/2 hours back to camp turned into about 5. Thank God we still had a saddle bag full of beer and some food. We finally dropped the reins on both our critters, his being a mule that had spent 15 years of his life on those trails....and in no time we were back to camp. We just wish we would have thought about that 5 hours earlier ;D We literally pulled into camp at dawn....what a night :-[

4. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

My son finally let my 3yo Gelding find the way back for us ...I kept telling him to STOP second guessing him .. and when he did that little man took us right back ...

5. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My friends and I got lost at Jubilee one year, found a nice guy on the trail that got us back safe....

6. horsecrazier

horsecrazier Senior Member

My daughter took our three year old show gelding on some trails behind the barn we were at and I stayed back to clean stalls, etc. Made sure we both had our cell phones. She ended up getting lost and tried to call. No signal where she was at. So she decided to let him have his head. She was back within 20 minutes. Keep in mind, this guy had only been trail riding once before and not even at this location. Still think about that sweet guy and smile. He was bottom bred Skipper W, so I often thought he didn't have much of a brain, yet!!!

7. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

This colt had NEVER been there either and honeslty only had about four rides with my son on him at that point... granted he did spend two weekends with the trainer in Shawnee... I just love this colt more every day he is my entertainment in the pasture

[​IMG]

8. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL My mom told me that is why she never worried about me when I was riding.. that if I got lost.. my mare knew the way home and knew what time the feed hit her plate LOL

9. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

Now see my mare won't take you back to the trailer no matter what time it is... she had me in circles at Shawnee the first time we went for four hours was getting dark !!! I was getting super scared and we finally got the other horse we had then to take the lead!! Sassy loves to go there is not a barn sour bone in her!! Now if only she would learn the way home