I'm ate up!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Kellysdream, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Did anyone else get ate up this weekend??? ???

I'm itching like crazy.

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

Phew. Bugs. I thought you were like "ate up".

[​IMG]

3. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Yes and mosquito's and man bugs.... :mad:

Ummm, Buc I don't know what kind of picture you posted but I'm sure it wasn't good.

4. lori

lori New Member

OK is that expression "ate up" a reference tied to what BUC posted? Cause I know someone that used that expression and I wasn't sure if it was a stoner thing or a country thing.

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

LMAO...Kellysdream is an Ate Up Glue Sniffer :)

6. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

How did you know I love the smell of glue.... :-*

Thanks Love it!!

7. Cadence

Cadence New Member

Ummmm yes!!!!! We have been out paintn fences and there are little black gnats that bite and it hurts!! My neck, my arms, my legs are all bit up and itching like crazy, they are worse than mosquitos. Anyone know what they are?

8. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Pirate bugs!!

9. Cadence

Cadence New Member

Never heard of them, and I have never had a problem with them, where do they come from??

10. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

I'm ate up too. I read an article in the pantagraph that they were called noseeums. They are a biting fly and they SUCK!

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I was playing with my grandson yesterday out in the grass and all of a sudden he came up to me with a huge and I mean dime sized mosquito bite just under his left eye. I really have to teach this 2 yr old to swat bugs off!!!!

I'm been spraying myself along with the horse with fly spray every time I go off and ride.

We need a freeze then a thaw that lasts until April 2009~

12. kats

kats New Member

Skeeters and knats are really bad here also.

13. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

I'm not sure what pirate bugs are, but we have been chewed up by little black bugs with yellow spots that I've always known as picnic bugs. My little 1 year old niece had one on her forehead that bit her good, it drew blood!

I hate those fake ladybugs. Laying in bed last night, I felt a little bite/pinch, smacked my arm, and Pu-wee!! Those buggers stink soooo bad when you smoosh 'em!! I didn't even have to turn on the light to know what I had just killed. And the bouncing off the ceiling at night....We keep the canister vac in the bedroom just to suck them all up before we lay down.

14. Pixin

Pixin New Member

The bugs were horrible here too. We were picking pumpkins and the skeeters were horrible. Those tiny black bugs were even worse!
    Then when I came inside to get my pot roast in the crockpot, one of those damn Ladybug wannabes fell in the pot! :mad:

15. SIERRA

SIERRA New Member

I was at the "Big Red R" sore in Morris and on the clearance isle they had this trap for thoses lady bugs, never seen anything like it, was on clearence for 8.00.

16. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Those little black bugs that like to bite are Pirate bugs. I wish I would've kept the article that was in the paper sat. They are sucking bugs and bug spray attracts them along with other smells.

I cleaned my truck sat and when I started to spray some cleaner they swarmed all over me and my truck. It was awful!

The fake lady bugs we call them man bugs!

17. Cadence

Cadence New Member

LOL That explains why, when I put deep woods Off on, they got worse!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, too little too late. I wish it would freeze already!

18. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I tried riding last evening in my grass pasture----What a mistake! I was covered with 100% deet and they STILL swarmed me and the horse. Not a pleasant event--- I rushed my dismount before I got dismounted

19. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I do to! Because they BITE!

The sweet, non biting, ones are Lady bugs

The darker mean, biting bugs are man bugs!!!!! >:D