Insomnia

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

i can't sleep!!!
    I have tried everything from over the counter stuff to RX sleeping pills----Nothing works for me

I can be exhausted during the afternoon but then around 8 I'm suddenly wide awake and nothing seems to change that

Anyone else going through this?
    Warm milk, lousey movies, reading a boring book, taking a warm bath----- nothing works

I will be sitting here until around 2am before i get tired enough to go get in bed then I"m up by 6:30-----I just wake up.

I have such a thrilling life---you can tell I'm here all the time. Nothing else going on and with fuel prices for the truck I have no where to go. !@!

2. Shell

Shell New Member

Yup, on our way home from work, I can't keep my eyes open after 10 minutes in the truck. Fall asleep for about 10 minutes, actually wake up as we're coming off Randall Rd to go to the Starbuck's, then I'm awake after. Always have been one of those people who stays up late.
    Usually on online till 2 or 3am.

The only time I'm on a normal sleeping schedule is when I don't feel good.
    Like today, went to bed Early!, but around 3am woke up (now Sunday!) with no headache or sinuses. And here I am. While almost everyone else is sleeping.

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

Been suffering from it for years. I'm either up for 3 days in a row or sleep for 3 days in a row it seems like. The sleeping meds don't work. I did find a med that is used to treat schizophrenia...it knocks me out cold, after I see little green men and shit, but then I can't awaken for a good day or two.....so I only use it in extreme cases.

4. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX :apl :apl :apl :apl :apl :apl

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

smartass!! That does work but have to figure out a way to arrange that too

Finally crashed around 2:15 and since grandson is here I was up and running at 7~~

My computer is my constant buddy lately~ no one else to talk to at that hour

6. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Its Midnight again and I'm sitting here bugeyed!

Damn why can't I fall asleep?

One of My rx's is supposed to make me drowsy, yeah right

I am tired of sitting here night after night~

7. asuits

asuits New Member

Tell us what your normal day is from 4:00 p.m. on, including what you eat and drink.

8. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

My day lately has consisted of doing nothing but sitting around---- not feeling good and on 4 rx's.

I do chores around 6pm, clean up the kitchen, do a load of laundry.

I eat a light dinner (have to be very careful what I eat) and drink alot of water.

No caffeine in my diet for the past month~ I do not nap during the day either.

Can't figure this out~ and hate to add another rx but I might have to.

9. flygyrl

flygyrl New Member

A symptom of depression is not being able to sleep/maintain normal routines. Most people think depression=sleeping all the time, but that's not always the case.

10. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

check with your doctor or pharm. it could be one of your r/x keeping you awake or a combination of them not working well together.

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Dennis I think you hit it.
    I will check that out with my dr.

this has to stop~ I need a good nights sleep

12. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

My insomnia has to do with menopause. Since you're already done with that, I can't be of any help!

13. asuits

asuits New Member

14. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Thanks for the sites! I'll have to see if my meds are on there.

15. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I will have crazy insomnia at least two or three times a month.. the only thing that helps me hands down is percocet.. and I only know that because of my kidney stones that I get.. it is amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you... too bad they don't prescribe percocet as a sleep aid ;D I had a couple left over the last time I had a kidney stone.. so I tried it for my migraine:) it works like a champ for that too!! LOL