Is it cold AKponygirl

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by desederada, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I heard on the news, this morning that Alaska was getting hit with -40 dagree weather. :eek: :eek: The first thing I thought of was Akponygirl.

Her keyboard might be frozen.......... :-

2. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

She was in chat last night and said it was -40 BURRRRRRR

She was going to snap some pics but her camera doesn't like/frooze up in those temps.

3. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Who could blame it???

All I can think of is how much the heat bill would be!!!!

4. desederada

desederada New Member

I'm betting there fuel costs are very low so it's not a big issue there.

5. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

ROFLMBFAO!!!! hell yeah fuel cost suck ass!!! I have to use Diesel #2 for an underground tank.. when we bought the house.. we had to buy the fuel at the last price paid... 4.45/gal for 300 gallons. it is down to 2.50 now.. but still.. it gets this cold every year.. they act like it is a bigg ass deal.. ::) I blame all the media attention on our Gov. shit.. it has already ground down past -50 our friends have been at -60 for three days... real Alaskans don't bitch.. they just put on more damn clothes and take care of all the pussies..... *sigh* ok.. I feel better now LOL

6. desederada

desederada New Member

I can't even imagine what it's like at -60 degrees :-

7. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I have only been in -60 for a day... I don't know how cold it was here the other day.. our thermometer doesn't go past -50. LOL

8. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Batton down the hatches AKponygirl is sending the cold to us early next week.
    geeeeeee thanks.

9. Cadence

Cadence New Member

Ok, so seriously, how does one deal with temps like that? do you just stay indoors? Do your cars start? How long can you be outside? How do you care for your horses in that weather? Does everyone just hole up and wait it out?

10. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

??? ??? ??? I pray mine never sees that kind of number------- burrrrrrrr

11. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

I can remeber a few times when the wind chill was -50 in IL. It sucked. Can't fathom base temp of -50. It got up to 65 at the training center in Tulie today.

12. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

it is what it is.. some people stay indoors.. some people still try to find ways to be outside for a bit.. (during the 4 hours of sunlight) The cars will start if they are kept in good working condition and plugged in all the time.. but even then they can fail.. belts can break and gaskits blow.. You can be outside for as long as your clothes will keep you warm.. you should not have exposed skin.. becasue it will frost bite in a matter of minutes.. seconds if it is below -50. Most horses thrive in the cold.. as long as they can get heat from eating hay they are fine... You must make sure that you have someplace that they can go that is heated if they get sick or hurt. You can't just hole up and wait.. you have to have something to do or you will go nuts.. LOL :th_lol_hitting: :th_lol_hitting: