Jack

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Nani, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Nani

Nani New Member

2. Adellasun

Adellasun New Member

Um, wait... This horse was only bred because she came down with a foot problem an wasn't able to be ridden? She was only bred so the colt could be sold so she could "earn her keep". That's fucked up.

ETA- I do feel bad or the colt though... Poor guy.

3. Nani

Nani New Member

Yes I agree they should have never bred the mare at all :mad: my heart just goes out to the baby.

4. RickB.

RickB. New Member

Wait a minute. Lots of folks breed mares to sell the offspring to support their habit. Why is this so different? The mare is injured, has been a good resource horse for the program so why not breed her? And, because of the facial deformity to the foal, the group is going to raise money to have the defect corrected. Then it sounds as though Jack will be kept in the program. I say good on them. The mare and the foal have useful purposes and it seems they will not become part of the current problem of too many horses, not enough homes. Kudos .

5. syndiego

syndiego New Member

The only problem I would have is if Dottie's "foot problem" was a genetic problem, which it simply doesn't say.
    At least she's registered, and Jack is a nice looking colt, aside from his problem. I hope they can fix him up!

6. pinp

pinp New Member

Eh. I have mixed feelings. Don't have a problem with them breeding the mare, but I do have a problem with the whole asking for donations bit. I understand why and their viewpoint, but I'm also questioning Jack's quality of life, especially if the surgery isn't successful. The donated money could be better spent helping the children in their program directly, in my opinion.