Jeans sizing...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by equusteacher, Jan 5, 2009.

1. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Anyone on here wear Sevens? (7 for all mankind)
    I'm looking into getting a pair online but I want to know how they fit.
    I know they sit low so do I measure where the jeans will sit or my actual waist?
    Do I add an inch or 2 to that measurement for shrinkage?

reccomendations for which "style" of Sevens look best?

2. lori

lori New Member

I used to. I had a few different "models" and they all sat very low. I think the number is the number where your waist really is, but they are no where near that high. So that assumes that if your waist is X, then your hips, where they really sit are whatever the jeans actual measurement is. Hokey sizing, but what else is new in womens clothing. You really have to go try them on, IMO, I had several different sizes and there wasn't a ton of logic to how they fit, and I also recall trying on one of my size, didn't fit, at the urging of my friend I tried on a different pair, they fit better. Nordstrom carries them in addition to boutique kind of stores if you want to go try on.

Hmm.. shrinkage, I don't recall. Try not to put them in the dryer.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Can't help with the brand but I never worry about shrinkage with jeans. Sure, they do shrink a tiny bit in the dryer but wear them an hour and they're back to normal. Normally you measure were the jeans will fit you so I would say depending on the rise. Might want to check with customer service.

4. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL i read the post as "Jesus sizing"... LOL

5. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

If you can, I'd try them on in a store before you order online. They run really true to size, BUT if you are used to vanity sizing of any kind, they run "small." They do sit low, and I've always done my actual waist measurement. If they are VERY low I have to add an inch or two, which is why I alllllways have to try them on. Mine have never shrunk but I'm a huge stickler on how I wash my jeans... cold water only, and air dry only (none of my jeans have EVER met a dryer).

I am really pining for these right now: [​IMG] but my budget is just too tight since it's right after Christmas. :(

6. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I thought that 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 were teen cuts and 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 were misses cuts, so if you are built like a slender, ripped, no-hipped teen then a 7 might work.

7. desederada

desederada New Member

I can wear a 4, 5 , 6, or 7 depending on the jeans so I'm not sure about the cuts being that much different.

8. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

These jeans run actual waist size - 29, 30, 31, etc etc.

9. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

*sigh*
    I guess I"m going to have to go try them on ina store first. I HATE HATE HATE shopping. Especially for clothes!

10. desederada

desederada New Member

Probrably a good idea especially so that you can find the specific cut you like. I like the lower cut jeans but some of them are so low it's ridiculous.

11. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Try them on. They run really funky. I love mine, but they are a size larger than my normal size. I find they fit a little different, too, just because they sit lower.

12. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Angellou - she means the brand 7, not the size 7.

13. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

;D

14. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

Are you gonna get you some shoes like the model is wearing to go with um? :D

15. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Really? I never heard of them ::) I'm a Levi's girl myself.