Libido

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by mrponies, Oct 12, 2008.

1. mrponies

mrponies New Member

At what age might it be considered abnormal for a man to experience a drop in libido?

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Since I"m one of the oldies but goodies on here I might have an approximate age for ya------ some men keep going forever and a day but the majority seem to start loosing it at about age 45~

Alot of the time life circumstances such as lack of sleep, diet, stress have alot to do with it.

Hell they start getting horny at what 12?

3. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

Medications can also have an influence.

4. burgie

burgie New Member

OMG WindyKnoll.
    LOVE the avatar!

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

Mine dropped about 10 years ago....the BF, his is going the other way *L8*

6. stormshadow

stormshadow Guest

Depends on how fugly our wife or girlfriend is :) and how drunk we were when we met her.

7. burgie

burgie New Member

said just like a man would...

8. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Hey now.. everyone is welcome to express their opinions here.
    Women, Men and :ass_h 's too! >.< ;D O0

9. PT

PT New Member

In the case of my BF, 25.. ::)

Guess I should take the hint, then again, once a month is more than enough for me...

10. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

since I am probably older than about anyone on the board, just too bad buc dont have a pic of the everready bunnie to add to this post...........

11. snaffle

snaffle Guest

men change their tune about the libido thing when they get into the real world and have to work work work.

And if they overdo it on the booze.. they 'think' they are great lovers and they are NOT :p

Medication can affect it too.

12. PT

PT New Member

Hehe, "whiskey dick", side effect of alcohol.

13. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

New board- new avatar! ;)

14. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

As a nurse who worked on a prostate cancer prevention trial and had to ask 80 men sexual function questions which were quite specific, I can answer a few things, but as to what age is it ABnormal to have a decrease...I would say anything before 50's. Not that they don't slow down a bit from their teen years! This is barring no high blood pressure meds. Now libido in and of itself doesn't necessarily slow down however ability to "peform" does. Men as they age still have the desire, it's just they don't perform as well, takes more to stimulate them, erections don't last as long. Course men have help available in the drug market, so problems like this can be solved!

15. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Depends on the dude.

I believe the scientific data holds that men start experiencing a slight reduction in libido/performance after 25 (18 -25 is, I believe their peak years, no pun intended); however, no significant reduction happens until after age 40. Interestingly they have found that men who have kids often see reductions in testosterone production, at least for a few years after the birth of said little human (which just goes to prove the truism: babies are bad for booty call).

That's what science says; I say "depends on the dude" -- there are some over 40s out there who are randy little devils, and there are some 18 year old cold fishes; although in most situations that would perhaps be reversed (and makes a valid case for being a cradle robber I suppose).

16. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Leave it to jenm to have post number 3 in the libido section. :D ;)

17. Joie

Joie New Member

My husband turned 40 this year, and our youngest child is almost 5. We FINALLY have a normal sex life again. Honestly, I think we were both normally so tired, so busy, and so irritated that sex wasn't an option.

I hope he doesn't slow down anytime soon. >:D

18. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

They don't slow down soon enough. *----

19. Buffy

Buffy New Member

All this talk of SEX!!!
    GAWD, it's been over 7 months here. :eek:

20. Joie

Joie New Member

It's been over 7 minutes here. >.<