Masscast Weather- RAIN, RAIN AND MORE RAIN

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Mass, Oct 12, 2008.

1. JZ

JZ New Member

Re: Masscast Weather- SNOW

yeah baby! bring it!

hubby welded a plow to a quick attach mount plate, so now the tractor is well equipped with a plow in front and a snowblower in back! no more getting the plow truck stuck! ;D

2. cherokee

cherokee New Member

snowing and blowing in stephenson county. real fine driftable snow.
    thank goodness hubby is feeling better. I get to sleep in yeah

3. Re: Masscast Weather- SNOW

~ Sigh~ Once again my dang lane is drifted shut with about 4 ft drifts. Mike & I will be out there shoveling all damn day.
    I am so sick of this.
    I won't be up here next winter.

4. JZ

JZ New Member

I just looked outside and I'm pretty sure I live in a snowglobe...

:D

5. smokyhorse

smokyhorse New Member

Like I told you, JZ, I know exactly who you got your "snow-gene" from, but since I mostly outgrew that gene at age 62, you'd better enjoy it while you can!!!

But, actually, I kind of feel like I live in a snow-globe, too, and it sure is PRETTY! (Even after shoveling for the past hour!) ;)

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I just shoveled and it's still coming down! Woohoo!!

7. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Big, BIG news! My neighbor got a snowblower. God bless him. My driveway be all clean. :laugh:

8. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I went to the barn this am.
    Keith went to the kidletts to help install a new ceiling fan/light in the dining room.
    When we got home, our entire driveway (even inside the gate) was completely snow blown clean!
    I'm going to bake my neighbors a big batch of cookies!
    How nice is that?

9. Mass

Some people are really nice. My neighbor has MS and is in a wheelchair/scooter and shovels his drive, his kids would do it, but he wants to do it himself, then comes over to see if he can help me finish mine. Nice man.

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

Mass, can you please predict some snow for us down here? My BF has a new snow blower to play with and he's going to wet himself if he doesn't get snow soon. He's pretty sure he's found the solution to it never snowing again here...

11. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I just want to say how happy I am for you guys for having such good neighbors!

It is people like them that make this world a better place to be in! ^.^.^

12. Mass

I'll do my best, but maybe you guys should just move up here. ;) Got 10" on the ground right now.

13. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Went and bought hubby a blade for the mower this morning, and now his is in heaven, out palying in the snow. Men are so easy to please. ;) He's like a little kid with a new toy out there. ;D

14. cherokee

cherokee New Member

They have now posted a Winter storm watch for the N West corner of Ill. we are to get
    1-4 inches of snow with winds during the storm of 15 to 20 and then after the clipper
    passes us winds are to pick up to 25 - 35 with gusts higher than 45 and blizzard conditions
    with wind chill values as low as 25 to 30 below and then even colder come wed and thurs

15. JZ

JZ New Member

haahaa! wow! we can get another 10 inches over the next several days! We'll need to clean the lots using the snowblower again!

16. Mass

Yep, 4 more snow storms this next week, they're saying. Wheeeeeee!

17. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I normally love winter but I've had it already! I'm ready to head south or west, anywhere but here. My son is getting on a plane tomorrow to head home to SAN DIEGO. JERK!!!! Hopefully they will get out before the storm. I REAAAAAALLLLY Want to go home with him. :'(

18. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

I really like the snow, even with having to do 90% of the chores, but this real cold weather they are calling for could pass on by.

19. Mass

Re: Masscast Weather- BLIZZARD WATCH/WINER WEATHER ADV

Winter Weather Advisory from 3 PM today to midnight with 2 to 5 inches of snow and a Blizzard Watch for late tonight into tomorrow morning for basically north of I-88. Visibility may go down to 0. Wind chills with the temps dropping and winds will be -15 to -25.

20. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Re: Masscast Weather- BLIZZARD WATCH/WINER WEATHER ADV

I just head this on TV. This winter is NUTS! Blizzard conditions tonight... grrrrrr :mad: