Meet Me

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Mass, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

2. Mass

3. Mass

4. Mass

5. Mass

6. Mass

7. Mass

8. Mass

9. Limerick

Limerick MIA Moderator

I'm Heidi--I'm 28 and a recent transplant from Chicago to the burbs! I love the city and the country but hate the burbs--but it is necessary for now, and just a transition period before purchasing horse property.

I'm married to a Pennsylvania native (and die-hard Eagles fan). I'm the mom of a 17-year-old OTTB mare named Limerick that I wish I can wrap in bubblewrap at times (she may or may not be accident prone :p). We also have four cats, two rats, and about 350 gallons total of aquarium water (spread out over four tanks) in our apartment.

I have been riding since I was 6; Limerick came into my life when I was 15 and she was 4. She has taught me so much and she is my rock, my source of sanity.

I also like reading, writing, making jewelry, horror movies, running/working out, and tattoos. I am deaf but don't let that scare you away from meeting me--I speak and read lips just fine (just don't mumble! ;D)

10. PT

PT New Member

Any time! My horse is awesome, I trust almost anyone with any horse sense on her. If I understand correctly, you're not too far from the Sheridan area, correct?

11. lori

lori New Member

Yeah...we have one of my boyfriend's friend's wife and her H/J (or eventing?) trainer coming out to try out barrels on our horses next week. Not sure how that happened but oohhhh kay. :) See, I share and I'm sure the horses would prefer people who had some clue of what to do! :p

12. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I'm about 25 minutes NE of Sheridan. So yeah, not TOO far. I just need someone with barrel experience to help me get back into it. When I was younger, my aunt would smack the horses' rump and tell me to hang on. THAT'S how we raced ::)

13. t-leigh

t-leigh Guest

Howdy all... I'm Tara
    I live in SW Missouri but am a (*gasp* ARE there really any?) California native, though I no longer claim that affiliation
    I am married, no childred (by choice)
    We have 5 dogs, 4 cats, 5 horses, and the neighbor's goat
    I work PT and also volunteer for our zoo as an animal handler and Giver of Wonderful Speeches to people in schools, nature centers, nursing homes, etc. I have become 'specialized' and handle/talk about mostly birds of prey
    Oh, yeah... I handle ssssssssssnakes too. ;D

14. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Welcome t-leigh

I'm glad you found us!

15. Mass

16. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Hey Everyone!

I am a selfish bitch lot of the time. (Keep reading it gets better) I look out for myself and do not expect others to do so. I am an uber Republican and I make the people at work who are close to me listen to talk radio all day. I work as much as I possibly can. I like money and want to make as much as I can and I dont want to give it to the government just so they can give it to some one else. Get some skills, get a job, stop being a mooch. I was once homeless for 5 months. I belive in rescuing animals in need, not always the rescues. I have 4 dogs, 3 of which are rescues, 2 of those off the board. My critters are my kids. My dogs live in my house, there is dog hair on my couch. Tough shit (mom). I get up every morning at 330 and normally don't get to bed until 11. I hate that. I am super competative, in everything I do. Stupid people anoy me, a lot. I have two sisters, both of which are being stupid right now. One is a drug addict the other is not thinking beyond the next day or so. My poor brother is the youngest and he just wants to get far far awy from his crazy ass sisters. I am too quick to judge a lot of the time. I have a hard time asking for help. I am going back to school, because I am very disapointed with where I am and my expectations for myself. I belive in working hard and generally being a good person. I was raised Catholic but don't practice. People who are overly religious make me uneasy. Religions tend to make people become sheep. I love high heels and cowboy boots. I can be a diva. I dont trust men and haven't found one that wont cheat or become an ass. Boys are dumb. I married once for love and DAMN is that expensive. I won't do that again. Relationships are business arrangements. I live in Beloit in a huge ass old farm house on 250 acers, all in all we farm about 1000 give or take a few hundred. I have an old barn that I have 3 stalls in and a 10 acre pasture. Two horses are at home and my stallion lives at the trainer. If you can take the always having to be right bitchy smart assedness then we can probably get along!

17. Angien

Angien New Member

My name is Angie. I have two boys that I am raising in the same house I was raised in since I was in 8th grade. I love to be outdoors, but I hate when it is HOT outside. I like to read although, I am reading books with lots of pictures in the lately. :p I miss having a horse of my own. I miss having ME time, but I love being with the kids. I am a mediocre housewife.
    I am going back to school and nervous as hell. I love my job and just want to better myself for the sake of my family.
    I don't mind helping out people in need, at times I think I really need to learn the word NO. According to a true friend of mine I have a "gentile soul."

18. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

I am Dennis, live in Kankakee, have 2 horses, 2 dogs, 1 house cat and several barn cats and 2 deck cats (can not get along with barn cats) I am retired, old and very set in my ways, I take no crap from anyone but am always willing to give a helping hand.

19. mrlugar

mrlugar New Member

I'm mrlugar (and I'm neither a mr. or a lugar - go figure). I live in the far Western 'burbs. I have an 8 year old son who is a competitive swimmer, so I spend 5+ days a week at the pool after working all day as an accountant (CPA). I have trouble saying no to things, so I often over extend myself, stress myself out and pretty much suck to be around most days. That needs to change (although I've been saying it for years and have yet to follow through). !@!

I've been married for 16 years to my high school sweetheart (been together 22 years all together), although it has evolved into something so ambiguous I can't even describe it anymore. That needs to change too (although I've been saying it for years and have yet to follow through). !@!

I have an old Saddlebred (Griffin, aka Downtown Buster Brown) that I don't ride nearly enough. That needs to change too (the not-riding-enough part) - see a trend? !@!. He has like 1,000 times more energy than I do most days, but is so much fun.

I have a pretty little Smooth Fox Terrier named Carmie (aka Foxterra's Caramel Knowledge), and lost my first baby last November - my 15 year old SFT, the famous Mr. Lugar. I care for some fish that are close to 15 years old ("Bozo" the clown loach, "Bala" the bala shark), and the Kindergarten hermit crabs (Lazlo, Owen & I forget the third one's name).

Other than that, not too much to me... My custom title fits me well! !@!