My Jeans Shrunk

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Brilliance, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

:bs_20

Ok so I have been sucking at getting remotivated to loose the weight I need to. I figure if I have to post my weekly weight here I may start being more acountable for what I am eating.

I suck at dieting (obviously).

Goals:

Diet: increase raw/fresh veggies reduce snackage and sweets

Activity: Hit the gym 3 days a week

Current weight: 230.4
    Goal weight: 160

Crap thats like a whole Olsen twin I have to loose.

Help keep me motivated!!!

2. CBaut

CBaut New Member

I hear ya. My goal is 15 lbs and I have done NOTHING to help myself. In fact, after my "de-whale me" thread, I made cupcakes..... umm, and ate all the kit kats for trick or treaters. Had to buy more candy and I REFUSE to open the bag till Halloween.

But, today, I did already go down and use the treadmill for 45 min. It's a start. My problem is sticking to a workout routine for longer then 2 weeks.

3. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I have a hard time when I am at home . . .i tend to graze on all the crap that the SO buys. I AM good I dont buy that crap. Then damit he does.

Join with me in the Blubber Fight Cbaut!!

4. snaffle

snaffle Guest

In the nursing home where my mother in law is at..

they dont let the skinny residents have anything to drink while they are eating..
    or should I say.. they do not encourage them to drink while eating.. cause they tend to loose their appetite cause they get full faster.

likewise.. the overweight ones.. are brought their drinks before the meal is brought..

I broke down and bought a package of wanna be twizzlers at tractor supply last week.. (they are awful!)

I ate 1/2 the package anyway.... and then started tossing pieces out of the car..
    had them all gone by the time I got home.

That is not the first time I have done that..
    hungry for something.. bought it... ate what I wanted and threw most of it away before I got home so I wouldnt be tempted.
    I only throw the edible out.. not the wrappers.

A good rule of thumb is:
    If it is man-made.. do not eat it.

5. Angien

Angien New Member

I have been faithfully working out 6 days a week for a half an hour.
    I have lost about an inch in the pelvic/hip area and a half inch in the bust. Hubby says I cannot loose the boobs. Typical right?
    I have lost about 20 pounds.
    I have MODIFIED the way I eat and what I eat.
    I still have 20-30 pounds left.
    WE CAN DO IT Brilliance!!!

6. BUC

BUC Administrator

Ah, count me in for needing motivation.

7. pinp

pinp New Member

I need a micro-manager. I tried getting Sebastian to work out with me... because working out solo sucks more. Nothin.

8. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

YAY!

Thanks gals! I have been paying for a membership to anytime fitness that I havent even used once! Am pissed at myself for that.

While I know tanning is that great for you I have decided to reward myself with 15 mins in the hot bed AFTER meeting my work out goal for the week.

9. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

My jeans have shrunk too. I need to lose about 20lbs. The annoying part is that I have a gym right in the building I live in - but I live on 9 & the gym is on 16 - that is an effort to go in the elevator and go to the 16th floor. I convince myself every once in a while - but not enough.

The BF used to be a body builder - so while he works out all the time I hate going with him because he is a slave driver!! ;D

10. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Im with you Brilliance. I am determined to lose 20 lbs by Spring, its more for health reasons than anything.

I have NO cancer on either sides of my family, even the smokers haven't died of lung cancer, but I do have all sorts of diet-related diseases- Diabetes, Stroke (both parents), heart problems, and High BP and Cholestrol. I just had a whole work up and Cholestrol was ok on the high end of normal, but BP, not so good. No signs of Diabetes either (yet). Got to keep it that way.

My current habit change: Less Alcohol- Martinis have lots of calories! Also, Juice based martinis (Cranberry-Vodka) rather than the really sweet ones... and back on Seattle Sutton to limit the salt intake and try and help the BP.

11. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Wow Shannon. You are very young to have BP problems. Good for you to nip it in the bud!

I'd like to lose about 40 more. I've lost about 20. I don't recommend the diet - stress.

12. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Re: My Jeans Shrunk

Yeah! bp was 140/100 friday at the dr. and today it was 142/90 ,yikes! ,

13. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

That is a YIKES Shannon!

I hope that your MD is following that closely

14. CBaut

CBaut New Member

Good job watching that Shannon.

I try to make heart healthy meals here, too. Frank's 38 and has been on BP meds since he was 18. Heart issues run in his family on both sides. As does anxiety.

If he eats right, and would quit smoking, he'd lower his BP lots.
    Fortunately for him, he does not like the taste of salt.

15. Angien

Angien New Member

Having high BP sucks!
    There is alot to watch for other than salt.
    Fats, carbs....Just thinking about what I make and how I make it gives me a migrane.

16. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Shannon I know the feeling about BP and Cholesterol. I have been on medications for more years then I care to think about to keep it under control.

I have family history and being a type A personality the dr wants to ensure I stay healthy----my bp usually runs 130/86 in the office but at home I monitor it and it is basically normal (117/73)

There must be something with our clothes dryers this year----- my jean have shrunk and so have my hubbys. WE quit smoking last October (one year and counting) and the snacks have really taken control of our lives. About 30 lbs on each of us.

I need someone to yell at me, make me get out and ride----- I use my back as my excuse but hell it would feel better with more exercise.

I would love to lose 50lbs but don't see myself doing it------- I am a carb and sweet person who can completely skip the meat and potatoes.

Pasta, sweets!!!!

Wish a bunch of us lived closer to each other we could arrange weigh ins like weight watchers!

17. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

MyTeDun . . .

Why not do it here. We would have to be honest but if we cheat it only hurts ourselves. Mondays suck anyways . . .how about a Monday weigh in?

18. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

That could work but we would have to be honest!! Lets face it we would only be hurting ourselves if we didn't.

I'm all for it----- We could all be in great shape for next spring (I have a pair of jeans from over 20 yrs ago that I would love to get my butt into)