Need Wording Help

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Oct 14, 2008.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

I suck at putting things into words unless I'm talking to someone on my level...

Here's the deal. New assistant manager was hired at work about 5 months ago. She can barely spell her name but came in balls to the wall wanting to change everything and shit talked the Manager behind her back and sucked up to the area manager (or whatever their called). Everything in her life is drama, drama, drama. The manager I wouldn't say is the friendliest person in the world, but she's there to run the joint, not be your friend, she's never said or done anything inappropriate that I know of. Asst. Manager on the other hand, I know every guy she's screwed since she's been there....and I never even work with her.

Now asst. mgr. is trying to have mgr. fired by saying a bunch of :bs_20 that is completely not true about her. Going to work did not make your blood pressure rise before she was hired....now that ALL it does for all the employees.

I would like to write up a letter/petition of sorts and have all the employees sign it and give it to the corporate office in defense of the manager.

Does anyone with any sort of writing skills above a 3rd grader want to draft something short, sweet and to the point for me?

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I'll give it a go. I'll PM you something later.

3. Limerick

Limerick MIA Moderator

Dear (area manager),

We, the employees of (company name here, branch if applicable), wish to express that we stand by our manager, (insert poor woman's name here). She is professional, honest, and dedicated to making this company run smoothly and efficiently.

Thank you,

Signed

(list names here)

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Ditto to Lims post!

I had an experience like that about 6 yrs ago~ not good, I QUIT

5. desederada

desederada New Member

Dear (area manager),

We, the employees of (company name here, branch if applicable), wish to express that we stand by our manager, (insert poor woman's name here). She is professional, honest, and dedicated to making this company run smoothly and efficiently. The new assistant manager is a !@! bitch and she's gotta go. If you don't get rid of her we will.

Thank you,

Signed

(list names here) BUC

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Dear (area manager),

We, the employees of (company name here, branch if applicable), wish to express that we stand by our manager, (insert poor woman's name here). She is professional, honest, and dedicated to making this company run smoothly and efficiently. The new assistant manager is a !@! bitch and she's gotta go. If you don't get rid of her we will. You will NEVER find the body!

Thank you,

Signed

(list names here) BUC

7. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Dear area manager:

We, the employees, stand by our manager and hope you haven't screwed the asst. manager yet, as that would put a dent in our plans for her demise.

Thank you,

Hells Angels
    *#*

(sorry, I am no help at all, sarcasm abounds. ;D )

8. Shell

Shell New Member

We the employees stand by our Manager and feel she is a credit to your company.

As employees, also believe the Asst. Manager is trying to corrupt the company's well being and should be investigated.

9. Limerick

Limerick MIA Moderator

I call plagiarism!

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

;D

That was a good draft and I'm typing it up this morning. I'm also going to add Shell's last line because I feel that's important too.

Thanks!

11. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

I would leave out the part about investigating the assistant manager. Corporate may react opposite what you want them to. It could make things worse for your manager.

12. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Hey now!
    What is that old saying?Imitation is the highest form of flattery! :D ;) O0

13. desederada

desederada New Member

I agree. The fact that you are sending a petition defending the manager I think is enough said. It's going to send a red flag up to them just the fact that the employees felt the need to do this.

14. Shell

Shell New Member

dang! and I thought I did good :(

But understand why I'm denied.

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

Well FUCK. My little plan worked so well that now I have to work AGAIN tonight to cover bitch face asst. managers shift.....because we think she is FIRED! Wooo Hooo (well, on that part).

16. Angien

Angien New Member

Hey just think of all the fresh strawberries and margarita mix you can buy now!YUM! ;D

17. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

>.<

18. BUC

BUC Administrator

Oh, go sniff some glue :p

19. Shell

Shell New Member

Be HAPPY Buc!

Everyone not on salery where I work has been cut to only putting in 35 hours a week.
    Which is going to be hard to do for us Asst. Growers who work every other weekend. I'm used to getting at least a few hours OT. Now we have to lose 5 hours a week + our hours we worked on our weekend.

20. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

On the other hand, Shell, the ones who are on salary probably have to pick up the hours you had to drop - for no more money. Nobody wins.