"North Central" riding get together

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by AppyGSP, Jan 5, 2009.

1. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

"North Central" riding get together

May 23-25 (Memorial Day weekend)

I know it's a far away time period to think about, but this will be a long, nice weekend with virtually no bugs yet.

I am planning for this to be held at Oak Ridge/Deer Run Forest Preserves in Cherry Valley, with overnight camping allowed at Oak Ridge for a fee.

No preset riding times, just groups ride out when they damn well please. You can bring more than one horse for lots of riding at these nice, easy, and pleasant parks which are great for getting horses "legged up" for the riding season.

I suppose husbands/SOs are allowed to come but only for setting up camp, starting campfires, BBQing, beer/alcohol runs, etc. ;) (just kidding - kinda)

So who's in so far?

2. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

Re: MWH "North Central" Trail Riding/Camping Weekend

I wanna go! Let me see whats going on closer to the date.

Yay...maybe we can finally ride together before Aug ;)

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

My wedding weekend - Boo :'(

4. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I will be in IL then.. but that is when the little bro is getting married.. so I will be thinking bout you guys!

5. burgie

burgie New Member

I wonder if I can convince Djangology to go with me...

6. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

That sentence made me laugh.

Reschedule the wedding....No? ;D

7. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Well seeing as how we're already married...

No :- It's the date we married on and this year is the PARTY!

8. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

Ahh...got it. :)

9. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Who says camping isn't a party? There's some pretty wild times to be had while camping. :th_woohoo: :th_warn:

Or just come for one day if you have other plans... It's a holiday weekend, so people tend to make more family-type plans.

Still waiting to hear from locals:
    Eirene16
    Sarah315
    Angellou
    Pixin
    Horsefreak
    TBitt

10. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I'm a maybe, it's a little to hard to predict my availability yet, even though I am focusing on riding this lots more this year. Let's hope the gas prices cooperate. Pixin are you bringin' the mule?

11. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I'm still waiting for a picture of Pixin's blonde ass. :laugh:

12. djangology

djangology New Member

Trail riding? Twist my arm.

I'm in, so long as Burgie's providing my & Django's wheels.

13. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

So are we planning 2 different trail ride camping weekends?

14. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Guess I wasn't finished........

I am really confused. We are busting our butts trying to plan for a statewide MWH trail ride and you post this trailride.

I have no problem having MULTIBLE trail rides but can we atleast get through the planning of one before we start planning another? This has been in the works for quite a while now and I personally feel as if you are trying to take away from the April trail ride. Pardon me if I am wrong.

Maybe I am looking at this all wrong, so just putting my 2 cents out there. ???

15. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I think it's more to do with the people from the north not able to make that trip or not able to come up with the funds for that trip. ie gas to get down there, advance deposit, gas to get back - LOTS of gas!
    I know it would be A LOT more economical for me to do the northern trail ride (as I am a northerner ;)) but I REALLY want to do the Ghost Hollow!

ETA: I don't think it's a 'competition' as to WHICH ride everyone will go on. I'm sure there's gals on here who will be attending both if the time allows.

16. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I probably will not be attending this one.

We are trying to put together the one in late April, I am definately going to that one. :th_fluffbunny: :th_lol_hitting: :th_shithappens: :th_nocomment:

I don't think I'll have the funds gathered back up for another one that is gonna hit us up with fees for everything we do.

I'd rather go to Franklin Creek where it is $8 / night and no bridle tag fee!

17. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Buffy, that is why we picked the place place we did. It is centurally located, it has places for people to crash, if we get enough people it probably will be less expensive then this place. We have access to an actual state park..........

Plus, you will be camping with me............ :p :angel: ;D

I totaly get what PonyThief is saying. See, you are already thinking of not going in April and going to this one.......... ;)

18. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

I understand your view Buffy, but the thought of the April trail ride was so that both North and South could attend too. The idea is, that I got out of this, is atleast once a year we all could (that wanted too) make the extra effort and come. Have fun, meet new MWH. And have a place that everyone could enjoy.

Again I have no problem with other trail rides being planned I just personally feel that at this exact time in the planning of the April trail ride this has threw a snag into it. Like you said this Mem day ride is giving people an alterative. The April trail ride was hoping that everyone would try thier hardest to come, not look for a way out because the Mem. day one is closer or less expensive. It's all about the entire MWH getting together. Not alternatives.

19. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I will be going to the April Ghost Hollow MWH ride that has been being planned for a long while now.
    Maybe another time of year (say Fall) would be better to plan this one?
    :th_2cents:

20. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

This one is far enough from Road to the Horse that I am a BIG maybe... my son will be with me though... I wont' be able to answer FOR SURE until it is closer to the time... I have to check mileage as well adn see how long of a haul it is