Okay, need suggestions

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Mass, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I am going to be a black cat for our Halloween shin dig at work, it's a second grand opening. I'm hearing some employees spending $50.00 for their costume. :eek: Way...way out of my ability. So, I bought Cat ears, a tail and some make-up for whiskers, etc. I was going to wear my black leggings and maybe a black turtleneck. I need some ideas of what I can add to make it more interesting. I do not normally dress up for Halloween at all, but I want it to look as good as it can without breaking the bank. :th21c :-

2. syndiego

syndiego New Member

A fancy bling-bling collar with a little bell; maybe you could borrow one from work. I think it would look good with the black turtleneck.

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

The collar is a great idea! If you can't borrow one maybe an old belt you can cut down? And glue some of those big gaudy rhinestones on it you can buy in the craft dept at Wally World?

Maybe white gloves (those skin tight cheapie ones?) and white socks with paw lines drawn on them? If you can be in your sock feet that is?

4. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Go to the Mac counter at Macy's and get your eyes done. If you buy something they will do them for free. But some big cat like fake eyelashes and have them put them on. They are like 12 bucks.

5. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Or how about white mittens?

6. BUC

BUC Administrator

Mittens would be cuter but I figured they'd suck to work in. I wear those skin tights all the time to do everything. Heck, I'm wearing them now :D

7. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Go to hobby lobby and buy some white or light pink felt.
    Cut an oval and saftey pin it to your shirt for a "belly".
    white / light pink stretchy gloves (the $1.49 ones at walmart) for your "front paws"
    You can also make covers for your shoes so they look like "rear paws".
    Just cut an oval out and tie it onto your shoe with yarn. You'll use to strings to go under the show and one around the heel area to secure it. Then take a sharpie and draw "toes/claws" onto the ends.

8. Mass

I'm liking these ideas! Yeah, it has to be gloves, not mittens. I'm massaging dogs that day and working the play yards.

Like the collar idea too.

9. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Don't forget your tail.

Go get a feather boa and cut it to the lentgh for the tail.
    You can attached it with saftey pins.

10. AmyB

AmyB New Member

Don't forget the bell on the collar....gotta warn the birds that you are coming.

11. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Target has a set. Tail, ears, boa. I think around $10.

12. Mass

I have ears and a tail and the make up. Yes, I need a bell, so everyone knows where I am. :D

13. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

If ya need a black boa I have one you can have. Let me know so I can get it out in the mail to you so you get it in time.

14. Mass

Thank you for the offer, but my tail is all set. :D I bought one of those.