OUCH!!! Man dies after wife allegedly set genitals on fire

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by PT, Jan 8, 2009.

1. PT

PT New Member

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/01/06/20090106HusbandBurn06-ON.html

ADELAIDE, Australia - An Australian woman accused of setting her husband's genitals on fire because she thought he was having an affair has been charged with murder.

Prosecutors said 44-year-old Rajini Narayan confessed to neighbors that she set her husband on fire on Dec. 8, 2008, after she saw him hug another woman.

She was initially charged with endangering life and arson but the charges were upgraded to murder after her 47-year-old husband, Satish Narayan, died from his injuries last week.

Prosecutor Lucy Boord said Narayan told neighbors she was a "jealous wife" but she hadn't meant to kill him when she doused the sleeping man's genitals with an alcohol-based solvent and then set him on fire.

Boord quoted Narayan allegedly saying: "I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else. ... I didn't mean this to happen."

The husband jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of alcohol, causing the fire to spread and resulting in 1 million Australian dollars ($711,000) of damage to their town house and an adjacent property, the Adelaide Advertiser reported.

Narayan was remanded in custody for psychological assessment and will reappear in court Friday. She has been charged with murder, arson and three counts of endangering life, as the couple's three children were at home during the incident.

2. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

I'm just shocked it didn't happen in Ocala...just kidding DES...

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Wonder if they'll play "Great Balls of Fire" at his funeral???

4. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

OMGoodness! wow. that's all i can say...just wow.

5. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

That's bad!! :D

6. JenR

HOrsefreak, in Ocala they cut them off and then burn them, and then shoot the guy and feed all to the gators ;)

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

OMG I can't stop laughing------

8. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Brutal! But ya do wonder, huh?

9. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

:eek:
    That is horrible. What a psycho :th_bitch_flash:

10. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Don't be so serious------- She thought of something no one else had before.
    Give her credit for originality at least then they can commit her because she dosen't have to prove she's crazy.

I know of several men that even that type of injury would be too easy on them

11. asuits

asuits New Member

Actually its the snapping turtles. They don't leave any evidence behind - they eat the bones and all...

12. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

I don't think I'm being too serious. She killed him over a hug. She is a psycho. IMO, no one deserves what happened to him.

13. JenR

It was a psycho thing to do -- but a twistedly funny psycho thing to do.

and it provides a good lesson to all the menfolks out there -- stay away from the crazy chick! You keep getting the message, but you don't ever listen; well, here's your sign.