Rabbit Show People

Discussion in 'Barnyard Buddies' started by PintoPasoFino, Apr 29, 2013.

1. PintoPasoFino

PintoPasoFino New Member

Is there anyone around the Aurora area that shows rabbits? Was looking for someone to carpool with or caravan with for shows.

2. aahpets

aahpets Resident Smartass

Are you a member of IRBA or ARBA? Check their listings to see if there's anyone near you who raises rabbits and get in touch with them to see if they'd like to haul together. Too bad I gave up showing when I got back into horses or I'd get together with you. It was always tough to go to shows alone but it was fun when I got there and saw all my friends. Don't know if I could get up and go as early as I used to when I was showing. What breed do you show? I had Dutch and Polish for many years.

3. PintoPasoFino

PintoPasoFino New Member

It seemed like there used to be a lot more people in the area that did rabbits and cavies when I used to show. Always had someone to go with. Then I got out of it too, now for the past several years am coming back. Surprisingly, there are quite a few cavy people around here, not as many rabbit. I think I just need a motivator to get up and get out early for the shows. Its not as easy as it used to be! Every time I am hauling out cages at 4 am, I think, "And WHY do I think this is fun?" Its always so fun when I get there and see everyone. If the shows host cavies, I have plenty of people around to go with, but most are just rabbits. I used to show cavies mostly, now I have a few cavies but mostly rabbits. I do Tans, French Angora, and Rhinelander. My friend, Fritz Trybus, used to do dutch. I used to go a lot with him and his brother who did cavies, but they are both out. Fritz is a judge though now, but doesn't do many shows.

4. aahpets

Fritz Trybus-the name sounds familiar but I can't place him. I've been out of rabbits for at least 15 yrs. Probably no one I used to know is still around, they were some old timers. I have been thinking about getting back into rabbits but with Havanas this time. Dutch are way too hard to get just right with all the markings. Polish are my faves but I need something a bit bigger.

5. 4horses

4horses New Member

Years ago I went to some shows with my Netherlands but found it would have been more fun to go with someone too. My last buck died a few years past and I got out of it. I still have some of my equipment, you know, someday I might need it. :) There's no time right now to show since I have my Miniature that I show all summer but I'd like to get back into the bunnies in the future. If I do I'll have to look you up. I'm in West Chicago.

6. aahpets

Sent you both a pm!