Re: It is now SNOWING

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shelley, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

Since karma has taken a huge chunk out of my ass I'll add to this post and say it was partly sunny and 70 in my neck of the woods. Spent all day eating pain killers and doing mega chores in the pasture.

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

KEEP THAT SHIT UP THERE!!!!!!!!

I mean it!!!!

The wind is blowing like crazy here, suppose to freeze tonight, but NO SNOW!

3. desederada

desederada New Member

They are calling for 32 degrees HERE on Tuesday. I hate to see what you guys are gonna get. I'm gonna have to find some shoes and pants before then :D

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Dug up my canna and dahlia bulbs and locked everything up today- Antifreeze is in the RV and slideouts are in. Damn I hate doing that!

Digging in our heels for a long winter ahead. Nothing we can do about it guys--- it happens every stinking year around this time.

5. lori

lori New Member

Heh. I rode the horse I want to work on for trail class in the barn aisle. Incidentally, he refuses to back into a stall with a rider. I know that means he thinks I lost my mind.

6. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Hubby wanted to put up snow fence yesterday and I said absolutely NOT!! It's bad enough having to put it up before Thanksgiving, I refuse to do it before Halloween. It's like seeing all the Christmas crap in stores alongside the back to school items. It makes the season seem too long!!

7. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

We spent the day here cleaning the house/garage siding of all things! Lets not think of doing this in warm weather, lets do it when it is cool outside and the water gets you wet and cold! At any rate, it looks like it is new again and I did manage to cut back some of my plants that still looked so good, but I know that when we get the frost, first cold snap, they will all shoot craps. I am sore today. Can't wait for the next winterizing chores, we still need to cut a few tree limbs and bring in the outdoor furniture!

8. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Our weatherman said we had flurries here early this morning. Kicked in the furnace ($$$ yuck) and tonight they said a hard freeze..........this cold weather sucks.

9. BUC

BUC Administrator

So you're saying I should probably bring my house plants in sometime today? :-[

10. desederada

desederada New Member

Whatevers left of them :D

11. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Well....Yeah!

Speaking of plants I need some help.
    I am a brown thumb, pretty much kill everything ;D even the plastic ones seem to lose their look. Hehehe, okay anywho I have a really big cactus my son bought me for my Birthday how the heck do I maintain it in the winter?
    Where in the house should it go for good temperature control or does it matter? Will frost hurt it if it is up on the covered porch? I will try to get a pic of it. Any good websites (easy to follow) or advice on cactus care would be great. I really don't want to kill this one, my son would kill me LOL

Thanks!