sore boobs

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by equusteacher, Jan 8, 2009.

1. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Why OH why does this have to happen every fucking month?

They get SO sore pre-period it's uncomfortable to even move around. Riding is down right painful and I can't really work out at all.

Am I an anomaly or does this happen to others?

Seriously, it's 2 weeks out of every month. I'm So tired of it.

2. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

Because we have a special, sweeter place waiting for us in Heaven.

Really, if it's so bad, have you talked to your Dr? 2 weeks is extreme.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

If you cut your caffeine way back the breast tenderness will go away. I have TERRIBLE breast tenderness if I don't try to limit my caffeine.

http://www.ewbc.com/breast_health/caffeine.html

Caffeine

One cup of coffee, one chocolate bar, one cup of tea a day is enough to produce lumpiness and tenderness in some women who are sensitive to caffeine. Your desire to stop caffeine depends on how uncomfortable your breasts are. You may want to stop using caffeine only before your periods when your breasts are more tender.

There is no proof that caffeine-related substances cause cancer, but they do cause confusion when fluid accumulates in the breast. For this reason, if you or your doctor find a lump, we would recommend stopping caffeine to see if the lump goes away. If it does, then the lump was due to fluid retention-not cancer.

Whenever you're having a routine examination with your doctor, it may help to schedule the appointment for a date that will fall after you have finished menstruating and after approximately two weeks without any caffeine. This makes the tissue soft and easy to examine, helping the doctor considerably. Many people can consume caffeine without getting breast lumps. It's certainly all right for those people to have caffeine. Also, after menopause, ingesting caffeine is less likely to cause breast pain or lumps (although it can happen then, too).

If you get caffeine-withdrawal headaches, cut down on the caffeine ingestion slowly instead of quitting "cold turkey." There are many substitutes for caffeine. Decaffeinated coffee can be substituted for regular coffee. Carob (a substitute for chocolate) and carob recipes can be obtained at health food stores. Decaffeinated tea can be substituted for regular tea. Herbal teas can be substituted for regular tea, but some of these contain caffeine. You should read the labels to make sure that no caffeine is present. Many caffeine-free colas and sodas are now available.

This page is intended as an educational resource only. It is not a substitute for professional care. Please see your physician if you have any concerns about your own health.

More...Breast tenderness and lumpiness may point to fibrocystic breast disease (FBD), a non-life-threatening but uncomfortable condition that affects many women. According to research or other evidence, the following self-care steps may be helpful:

Get to know EPO
    3 grams of an herbal evening primrose oil supplement every day may help alleviate symptoms
    Cut the caffeine
    To reduce pain and tenderness, avoid coffee, black tea, green tea, cola drinks, chocolate, and over-the-counter drugs containing caffeine for at least six months
    Go on a low-fat diet
    Lower estrogen levels by eating fewer high-fat foods, especially from animal sources
    Get routine checkups
    Rule out the possibility of breast cancer by performing monthly self-exams and visiting your healthcare provider for regular medical exams

4. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Oh my!
    This would be the headline:
    Woman goes off caffein, kills 100's. ;D

5. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

ET you sure aren't the only one. Only i don't drink a lot of caffiene. not a coffee drinker or tea...and rarely drink caffinated sodas.

I'm hurting for the last several days too. and its reoccuring for me every month as well!
    though I never had this problem until the last year.

6. desederada

desederada New Member

Maybe you just need to get "some" :D Your hormones must be outta wack :nana:

7. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

I had lumpy boobs for a long time, cut caffeine, lumps went away.

Although they hurt like heck if I run down the stairs without a bra on.

8. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

But her boobs were pain free!

9. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

Des...are you talking to me???!?!?!?!?!
    the answer is clearly YES if you are!

10. desederada

desederada New Member

11. PT

PT New Member

Do this for Bryan much, do ya...?? ;D

12. middleageddebutante

middleageddebutante New Member

That is funny, I do not care who you are. LOL

Gotta agree on the caffine - cut it out of your diet and your ta-tas will feel much better........then you can get them felt better.

13. April

April New Member

Mine get so sore I sleep in a sport bra. Talked to Dr. about it said cut back on caffein. That did not help. I just live in a sport bra about two weeks of the month.

14. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

I guess I'll have to live with lumpy boobs because..

If you take my caffeine away, I'll KEEEEEEELLLLL you (said in my best Achmed, the Dead Terrorist voice)....

15. Buffy

Buffy New Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Jeff Dunham! ;D

16. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Perhaps a boob massage might help?
    Somebody go order up ET some bronzed, buff 19 yo. stallion of a boy/man to apply manual healing to her sore mammaries!

17. BUC

BUC Administrator

Actually ET's sore boobies has been linked with her spunkiness...wishing her sore boobies for all eternity >:D

18. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I'd rather she quit caffiene, so I can give her a "hit" list. :D

19. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Awwwwww *blush*...
    I'm feeling da luv from all sides! *!*!*!*