Spiders...AHCHKK!!!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by TwistedWire, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

Today must have been the day all the spider eggs hatched at my house. ALLLL over my property-all over branches...all over objects on the ground, up fence posts, etc, are tons of webs with itty bitty little spiders. If I liked spiders I'd think they were cute.

Zillions of the little things! Looking out toward the setting sun, the ground looks like it has a glaze-that's more webs along the grass!!!! I can't believe the numbers of the things. Yachk. I need a shower now...

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

That is gross, sends shivers down the spine~

I hate spiders, the only good one is a dead one in my eyes------ eeeckk I have to go look and see if my yard is the same

3. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

You must have been at my house today, TW!! Hubby started the mowing before I came home from work. He left the grass in front of the house for me to finish. In the 30 minutes or so that he was in the house, the little baby spiders had spun webs all across my Dixon, attached them to the garage, covered both of our wooden chairs, and as I started mowing, found that they had also made webs across the grass! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! As soon as I was done, I used the air compressor, blew myself off, blew off the mower and ran inside to take a shower and wash the rest of those little buggers away!!! EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!

4. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

MyTeDun-that's how I feel about them, too.

NutsE-Oh my gosh. Yep...I didn't know you mowed my grass today-that's exactly how my place looked. GROSS!

5. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

I have 3 big ole black ones building the neatest webs on my front porch.
    They have a secure home, well up until Halloween anyhow.
    Free decorating. ;D

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!
    I now have the major willies!

BLECH! :pu_ke

7. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

Seriously? Come to my house and take my puppies out to potty. I swear the little bstards are crawling all over me.

8. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

You guys are creeping me out!

Yee gads NutsE- I would have made him finish the lawn if I saw that out there. yuck ::)

9. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

MyTeDun, if he didn't have to go to work, I would have!! Also, he knows I'm a fanatic about how the front lawn looks, so he won't mow that!!

10. Shell

Shell New Member

Monday at work while cleaning out dead leaves, I threw a potted plant down when I noticed I just about touch a big spider sitting in there. It was one of those light brown ones with the black line down it's back. Body about 3/4" long. Gave me the heebiegeebies.

When it stopped crawling on the bench, I squished it's head with a pot.

Then within that same hour, unknowingly until after I did it, my finger squished a slug on the side of a pot. That was Gross!

Tuesday at work I had a wasp chase me.

11. sandburs

sandburs New Member

We have been inundated with bees. Had hundreds of the suckers on the porch yesterday. I have never seen so many around the house before. What gives with the creepy crawlies? Do they know something we don't ?

12. Susan

Susan New Member

:eek: Whatch those bees - they might be looking to see if the area under your siding or the eves of the porch will be home sweet home.

13. mrponies

mrponies New Member

There's only one option.

BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE! (And the yard and trees). :eek: :pu_ke