What a beautiful day,

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Ponythief, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

We got sooooo much done outside today :D

I mowed the pasture, hubby worked the manure pile, had a nice lunch out with hubby. Today is his Birthday so I am taking him out tonight and get him drunk! :)

And then after tomorrow of course after he recovers from a hangover we will do more dirt and poo work.

;D

2. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL I love it when things get accomplished around the house.. I will be happy when I can move my poo piles around my yard :p

Have a nice drunk time!! hehee

Happy Birthday PonythiefHubby!!

3. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Isn't it amazing that on such a beautiful day we aren't out riding.

We moved poop around too, something wrong with this pic.

Happy B'Day Ponythief Hubby~~

(hummm don't do anything I wouldn't do~ hehehe)

4. pinp

pinp New Member

I made time to go riding. Told Sebastian that he had absolute control of the remote and went outside.

5. Joie

Joie New Member

I finished up filling up the barns with hay! I filled all of the round bale feeders with squares, too, and filled up all of the hay bunks.

My hay guy was nice enough to drive the rack around and unload the last 45 bales right into the feeders after we filled up the buildings. So, I'll have about 4-5 days of not having to throw hay out to the horses this week. YAY! (It's the little things, I tell ya).

PLUS, I let my new stallion out of his stall and into his paddock for the first time. All I have to say is OH MY GOD is he beautifu, and he can really, really move. He's huge, too. Actually, he is way bigger than I like...he's close to 16.3hh. So I am going to need a mounting block to get into the saddle. Poor Bogie is going to be the smallest one out there soon, since Lucky is quickly approaching 16hh. That now makes THREE dark bay stallions (OK, so one is just a yearling, but he's a stallion prospect) on the farm. All three have a star, too. I should rename the farm "bay boy farm" or "plain ass bay farm" or maybe "bay star" farm!! LOL! Actually, Lucky is probably turning grey, slowly, but eventually he should be grey. So, it will just be two bay boys on the farm.

So that was my beautiful day...hay and horses. I did not, for once, move ANY poop.

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

It was nice today! Spent the day at a barn massaging. I love Autumn. :)

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Joie,- We need pics of the new guy!!! Would love to see him

8. Joie

Joie New Member

Tomorrow...I wanted to get some today, but I was busy with the hay, and moving the babies around, and getting Addy ready to ship to her new home tonight/tomorrow AM. (Spot left last night, and I am about sick over it! I miss him already...)

I also got a "new" mare. She's a 19 YO Peron daughter...and she is just pitiful. She sold at an auction in Thurmont, MD for $35 to a dealer who was going to take her to New Holland the follwing Monday, and not even bother to unload her. Fortunately for her, she was purchased from him by a local gal right at the auction house, and now she's here. I am a sucker for a little, old as dirt Trakehner mare, though. If she doesn't do well, she will be euthanized. If she does do well, she'll be a babysitter or a pasture ornament. Right now she doesn't "appear" to me to be something *I'd* use as a broodmare. Perhaps with 300# on her she'll be purty, but to me she does not scream "breed me"!!! She is also not eligible for the Official Stud Book (or any stud book within the ATA for that matter) due to an unknown line in her pedigree way back. But, she has a uterus so she's had several foals by a Swedish stallion. ::) She is SWEET, and, appropriately, bay with a star.

She's not my "real" new mare, who will be here in a few days:

http://www.atrakehner.com/tess.html

I cannot wait! I am going to have a BUSY fall with all the riding I'll be doing! YAY! Maybe I'll lose about 20 pounds and be at my goal weight.

9. Hey PT, *thread hijack here - I know someone who has a little black mini who's face looks just like your Honey. He is looking for a home.....
    Hijack over.*

10. Shell

Shell New Member

It was a beautiful day! I wanted to spend some of it riding and getting some up-to-date pictures of my horse with the Fall colored leaves as the background.

Instead I get sinuses early on and by the time we get out of work, I get a headache to go along with it that got worst as the day got longer. It all lasted until just a little while ago...3am!

I hope Sunday's nice

11. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

:sl_ep Good Morning,

And it's gonna be another beautiful day! We had a fabulous dinner out, prime rib and all the fixins'. Hubby maintained himself quite well. :) I guess we are getting older. LOL Spent most of the evening around a campfire at friends. It was a chilly one but did set the mood :).

This has been a really good weekend! Later today I am going to saddle up that ole mare of mine. I bought Hubby a new saddle for my mare as a birthday gift. ;D Yes, he can be a really big "push over"

:sl_ep...need more coffee.....

12. BUC

BUC Administrator

I swear I'm going to get off my ass and do SOMETHING today....right or wrong. I spent yesterday at a horse/tack sale....wore entirely to many clothes as it was so chilly in the morning and was about to pass out from heat stroke by early afternoon. I even ditch an invite for lunch because I was to hot and miserable to eat :-

13. April

April New Member

I got every thing ready for my wiener roast yesterday now have to go clean up the yard from it. Had a great time last night with a bunch of good people. The kids had a blast with my dog. They were trying to play ball and TAZ kept stealing the ball. He thought it was a great game to keep the ball from the kids. Last group left at about 2 in the morning and I need more coffee.

14. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I taught lessons yesterday, went to try and adopt a new doggie (it didn't work out though :( ), then I went back to the barn and had a great ride on Gem.
    Today, I will go ride Gem and have a trailer loading session. We are slated to go on our first off property trail ride next weekend (YAY!), clean my car out (it's a disaster) and clean the house (also a disaster), weed the flower beds and pull up the almost dead veggie patch so it's ready for next year. OH, and I have a date lunch with my hunny planned too!
    Guess I should get busy huh?

Have a happy day everyone!