What do You Think?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shannon, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I know I am in Chicago, and most of us are in Illinois, so there is a HUGE democratic Bias, Buuuuuttttttt....

The News and the news papers keep acting like Obama has a huge lead over McCain. Now, we have a very bias vote on MWH, there is a bias Vote on Dream Horse Forum, and I just check the AOL vote, and all have McCain as a substantial lead in votes. AOL even has IL as Republican dominated!!!

Im curious, Can some of you check your local providers (yahoo, msn, whatever) and see what they have the votes at?

I am wondering where Obama's big lead is coming from?

Another interesting thing: (maybe we are representative of the voting population??!!) :D

McCain MWH= 57% (19 total votes) Obama= 26%
    McCain AOL= 57% (69,700 total votes) Obama = 41%
    McCain on DHF = 60% (271 total votes) Obama= 37%

2. desederada

desederada New Member

They show McCain with 167 electoral votes and Obama with 344 I think you only need 300 to win. 33% of caucasians choose Obama while 53% choose McCain. 45% of hispanics will vote for Obama 32% McCain. 92% of blacks will vote for Obama and 3% will vote for McCain and 57% of the OTHER ethnic groups will vote for McCain while 37% choose Obama. So it looks like to me that to really sway the vote you are going to have to convince the blacks that it's not yet time for a black president and I say it ain't happenin O0

3. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Who is "they" Des?

4. desederada

desederada New Member

MSNBC shows McCain with 167 electoral votes and Obama with 264 saying he need 270 to win.

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Somehow Obama is closing the gap even in red states such as Missouri and Arizona.

I run thru all the channels to get a pic of what is going on~~ most of the channels are very biased one way of the other

6. desederada

desederada New Member

Yahoo shows Obama leading in Missouri

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

same in North Carolina

8. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Well ACORN is doing what it can for their boy, that's for sure.

I don't pay too much attention to polls; the only opinions that count are on election day. Besides, those things have been notoriously wrong in the past. A good rule of thumb, when looking at a poll, is to try to find out the numbers polled vis a vis representation of the electorate -- you can get some really interesting results if your over or under representing any portion of the population and/or not taking how much of a percentage that portion of the population represents into account.

And I'm not going for the percentages of the Black American vote -- I think he's going to get the majority, because the majority votes Democrat; but 1)Black Americans are historically social conservatives; 2)come on, they aren't cattle for god's sake -- there is a lot of dissent concerning Obama in the Black community, and considering the actions of some people why would any sane Black American come out and openly reject or challenge Obama?