What no opinions?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by MyTeDun, Oct 15, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Come on everyone this has always been a hotspot!

I do believe we have all gone to our corners on this topic----- any overflow? Any new opinions?

Any news at all about the bill?

I just couldn't see this left blank---- looked sooooo lonely sitting there >.< >:D

2. sandburs

sandburs New Member

No Opinions, yeah right!!
    I am curious though, seriously how many are for and how many are against. I know there were many threads on another uhm board, but instead of an argument in this one why not a simple for or against?

just remember opinions are like :ass_h 's everyone has one! >:D

And mine ?? For

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I have the same stance on Horse slaughter as I do abortions.

I could never do it/use it.

But I can not tell others that they can't.

How much help was I?

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I won't do it just like no abortion but they are both necessary evils.

They have there place~

5. Shell

Shell New Member

I like the poll Buc put on about this.
    It's lot easier seeing numbers than reading arguements back and forth about it.
    I think the disagreeing opinions has worn people out. Until something new happens about the slaugter, theres really nothing to discuss.

I did vote For it.

6. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

My opinion is that this issue got pretty well hashed out in theotherplace. Besides, at this point it's moot.

Anyone who ever was from theotherplace would be pretty well versed in my opinions, thoughts, and feelings on the matter.

Only thing new I've got for this issue is -- and how long do you think the slaughter ban is going to stand? and/or: ever wonder what is going to happen to the excess horses now that it is banned? perhaps the government is going to "take care of them"? wonder what that would be like

7. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I had to get off the merry-go-round......I was getting dizzy.

8. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

So say we all Mass, so say we all.

9. morapt

morapt New Member

I'm for it though I don't think I could send a horse. Hell, the economy gets much worse people may not need to sell to slaughter.
    Horse burgers anyone? :th_fkr

10. Shell

Shell New Member

Horses On Public Aid!
    Free medical, free food, and discount housing. But NO birth control :mad:

11. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

OMG! That's a 'deja' moment.....I was thinking the same thing...just wasn't sure if this was the right place for that kind of comment. You go girl! I totally agree with you....

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

What I love hearing is "There are NO UNWANTED horses"

I really wish these people would put their glasses on, leave their cushy barns/condos and take a ride out into the country some day. Go to an auction, look at the classified.

I am still getting emails.

No one even is able to give them a home---- How many of us would be able to take in a horse and care for it and feed it until a new home is found?
    I have 4 plus my 3

13. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Guess what? Here in NM we don't have the unwanted horse problem! Not a good thing, however, because the reason is Jaurez, Mexico is close by :( . While I have always been of the "I-don't-send-mine-but-don't think-it-should-be-banned" camp on slaughter, it really is sickening to see them go to Mexico! There is no regulation or even consideration of doing it humanely down there. They pith and if the horses are sound and spunky, they like to trip 'em in the rodeos for a while before they finish them off. You still can't hardly give a horse away to a good home (economy sucks here, too), but we don't have tons of domestic horses getting turned loose, kill buyers don't mind a 3 hour ship.... There should be a slaughter plant in every state to cut the shipping and have it done humanely.

14. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

:apl :apl :apl :apl

15. morapt

morapt New Member

Photofinish... I wish everyone would realize the truth in what you just said!!!

16. RickB.

RickB. New Member

Bring back slaughter and enforce the transportation and handling laws already on the books.

17. jimbob

jimbob New Member

The HSUS will try and have the government take over the funding of taking care of all the old and unwanted horses in the country. So that means that you and I will be paying for this thru taxation. When in the hell will the public wake up to the fact that we just can't save every critter forever. Horses are still "livestock". I grew up showing cattle and riding family horses. It was a lesson in life when it came time for my favorite show steers to be sent to the slaughter plant. My kids grew up the same way; and they all understand the life cycle of a cow, horse, pig, sheep and dogs. There is something worse than going to a slaughter plant................and that is death thru malnutrition and starvation and lack of medical care. We haven't seen anything yet!! As the numbers of old and unwanted horses grow, so will the numbers of negleted horses. If people can't hardly pay their bills and keep a roof over their head; they are going to get rid of, or neglect their horses. We will never have a perfect scenario; but we need to get COMMON SENSE BACK INTO THIS ISSUE !!

18. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

I agree 100% .

19. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

So refreshing to hear someone speak the truth about raising livestock! :apl :apl :apl

20. LetsRide

LetsRide New Member

EXACTLY!!!