When growing up smacks you in the face...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by lori, Jan 6, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

I went to my dentists today. I've been going to the same dentist since I was very little.

So I have been told I went to the same preschool as his daughter A. They moved, we lost touch. Then we re-met in high school when we found out we had a common friend. A and I partied a few times. Some notable times, A leaning out the driver's side window of her mini van yelling, "HEY MOTHER FUCKER, I WAS WAS WAITING ON THAT SPOT? ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?" (meanwhile, the rest of us dying of laughter at A's anger.) Next A story, went to a party at George Weisiger's house when his parents were out of town. His older sister Natalie was nice enough to provide a keg. It was a combination from the "special" school George and I went to, plus the kids he kept in touch that stayed at the regular school, so plenty of people I knew from when I was younger. Partied in the house for awhile, then followed the smoke, not just any smoke, mind you, out to the garage, where I saw Michael Otis, a guy I went to middle school with. Michael Otis is sitting on the hood of George's parents' beamer, two girls on each side, dealing pot. From the garage. At my friend's parents house. A slides up to him and flirts for awhile, hoping to score some free for us. Awhile later there comes the cry of "COPS!!!" and we run. A taught me a little house party tip that night when we parked, which is, never park your car on the same street as the house, so much of my group goes running across back yards to get to my car, and by the time we get there, we end up having 12 people who need to be in my car since their cars are in front of George's house. It has seat belts for 5, counting the driver. Everyone fit--we went somewhere else for awhile til it cooled down on George's street.

I don't remember any other good A stories, that may have been it. Until today when I drive up to my dentists office and see, under his name--her name, A----- ------, DMD. Holy shit, A's a doctor. I didn't realize we were old enough to be doctors, but sure enough, the girl who tried to score free pot, who taught me where to park for house parties, who gave me my first road rage experience. I miss her. :)

2. Shell

Shell New Member

awe, I thought you were going to say that Dentist learned some back ground from his daughter A and was going to blame you for getting his little girl in trouble, back in the day.

Glad you were able to meet back up with an old friend :)

3. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Kind of reminds me of the day I realized it was possible for me to be old enough to be someone's Grandmother!

4. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I thought there was going to be a story about nitrous oxide balloons from A.

5. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Just wait until you're a person whose "birthday is between the years of x and y, please listen to the following advertisement for burial planning services".

Happened to me this weekend -- I'm one of those folks now; yippy fucking skippy. :th_fluffbunny: :th_fluffbunny:

6. paige

paige New Member

That always freaks me out too---going to a doc and finding out it is a childhood friend. Uh, reschedule me drunkie-- I know what you do.

7. stormshadow

stormshadow Guest

Yeah ts depressing when the Heritage Foundation has a insurance plan for you, Just barlely atleast I have a few years before the AARP commercials are targetting me.