Who decorates for the holidays?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I have to admit, I'm compulsive---I decorate for each and every change of season and holiday.

Right now my entire house, including the bathrooms are done up with ghosts,pumpkins and scarecrows. I have silk centerpieces on the mantle and dining room table.
    I'm wierd but I love it~~~
    Have the cornstalks and pumpkins outside along with the fall color mums

Can't wait until its time for Christmas. I'm already getting stuff ready, plan on having over 10,000 lights and a very high electric bill.

2. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

3. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Same here. No way am I doing the other holidays.

4. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I will decorate for Halloween and Xmas but that is it...

5. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Shit. My tree goes up the first weekend of November! I figure with all the effort it takes to get it out, up and decorated, I'm going to enjoy it as long as possible. It comes down the second weekend in January. 8)

6. CBaut

CBaut New Member

My son would be very disappointed if I didn't decorate.

7. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

My stockings are still up from last year...one less thing to put out ;D

Halloween & Christmas are my favorite two.

8. Shell

Shell New Member

We decorate our balconey for Halloween and Fall and for X-mas. Inside decorations for X-mas.

9. snaffle

snaffle Guest

It takes me a good 3 days to decorate at Christmas.

I have a zillion of those aspen trees.. different sizes.. some with white lights.. some with colored lights..some have mixed colored decorations.. some have only red.. or only blue.. or only green.

and then the regular tree with about 140 ornaments.

I love Christmas decorations!!! Soft candle lights... snowmen.. santas..
    trees.. wreaths...

I always look for Christmas decorations at the thrift stores or garage sales..

hate taking it down!

10. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

Christmas is my favorite holiday!!! So yes always decorate!!!

11. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

Thats pretty much how we are too.

My husband is really getting into decorating for Halloween so right now our front yard is a pretty cool grave yard. We've got tombstones and skeletons and fog and red lights and a really creepy skeleton ghost guy that he has rigged up to swoop out of the tree at people >:D. Our Saint Bernard HATES it...LOL

12. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

If I had kids around I would definitely decorate.

When I lived in Ill I used to have Christmas at my house. Lots of decorations. Now that I live up here I'm generally not home for Christmas and don't have any guests, so I just don't bother.

13. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

I LOVE to decorate for the holidays. I have mini pumpkins and gords all over my apartment right now. Then it is on to Christmas - which I go completely over board with. Then Valentines day (just a couple red hearts on my windows). After that I am outside all the time so I dont have time to decorate.

14. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

My house is tiny and there is no room for a full size tree.
    I do have a cute table top one that I put up on my entertainment center and a few other things as well on shelves but that's it.
    I miss being able to go hog wild with xmas stuff.

15. Cadence

Cadence New Member

I decorate for all seasons, and hoidays. It takes me 4-5 days to complete my Christmas decorations, and I put up 3 trees, 2 live and one artificial, all with themes!!LOL I know I know...I am a nut!

16. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I have to show this to hubby! He seems to think I am crazy when it comes to decorating~

Nice to see I'm not alone

I love the look of my house right now-----all fall colors, its pretty and very relaxing

17. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

MTD, I LOVE coming to your house because it is always decorated so beautifully (inside AND out) for each season/holiday!! ;D

We can get away with one more Christmas without decorating, but next year we'll have 2 grandbabies old enough that we'll have to start up again. When we moved out to Sublette, we figured that no one ever comes to visit us at the holidays so what's the point? We decorated mostly for the kids anyway. Well, now it's time to dig out what's left of my decorations. Both daughters have picked over stuff that we've had packed away for the last 10 years. Hmmmm.....Guess I need to take a peek in the basement!!

18. snaffle

snaffle Guest

NutsEmom..

hey girlie!! Since you are a grandma now... ;)

you are gonna HAVE to go shopping and make sure your house looks like a regular Santa's village at Christmas!!

A winter wonderland!!!

Your house is going to be a memory maker for your kids and grandchildren..
    also.. it will be a great background for all those holiday pictures!!!

I dont think you can wait until next year..
    those babies.. need pretty Christmassy backgrounds for the pictures this year!!

19. BUC

BUC Administrator

Lights lights lights!!!! Wooo hoooo! I go ape at Christmas. This will be the third Christmas in our new/old house. First year I won 2nd place in the Christmas light contest and didn't even know there was a contest ;D Last year I got a first ;D I hope to keep up the trend ;D I throw up a little at Halloween/Thanksgiving.

20. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

I do them all, starting with New Years, Valentines, St. Pat's, Easter,Fourth of July, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I must admit, sometimes I get sick of hauling all the stuff up and worse yet is taking it down.