Wii Fit

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by asuits, Jan 6, 2009.

1. asuits

asuits New Member

I'm excited! I got a Wii for Christmas and I'm having an absolute blast with it! While I was in Minnesota between Christmas and New Years I did my sister-in-laws Wii Fit every day. Everyone else but me gained at least 5lbs. I lost 5lbs while I was up there. I was finally able to get one purchased Sunday and did it again last night. My legs hurt from all the step aerobics I did last night though. I'm planning on doing at least 45 minutes of aerobic exercise a day and then another 15 of balance and another 15 of either strength or yoga. I also started my diet again. Hopefully my new years resolution will keep going strong!

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

Good luck Alyson! Those look like a blast!

3. lori

lori New Member

LOL, what's your max hula hoop score? My mom can beat me (yet I'm the one that can actually hula hoop), that one is a RIOT!

4. PT

PT New Member

I haven't even opened the box yet... ;D

5. asuits

asuits New Member

My max hula hoop on the regular one was 275.

My max on the super hula hoop was 901.My circles on the other hand look something like a mangled mess!

PT - OPEN THE BOX!!!! You know you wanna~!

6. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Oh PT, you gotta open the box!!!!

I love our WiiFit. The highest hula hoop i've gotten is 491. Couldn't breathe when I was done, but it quite a workout. Kids got a huge kick out of watching their fat momma hoola hoop. ;D

Hubby tried the yoga and did the tree pose, and his butt started cramping up and he fell over....just like a real tree.....what a picture. ;)

7. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

We got a wii too and besides wanting guitar hero which I have played, the bowling, tennis, I wanted the Wii fit but tell me what all you can do, I am particularly interested in the step aerobic thing. How does that work, do you have to have real step or what?

8. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

You just use the fit board that comes with the game. It's not very high though. Our board came with little feet that you are supposed to use on carpet, but I put them on to make the board higher off the ground. The beginner workout is a real snooze, but once you unlock the more advanced one's it's a really good workout.

You have 4 areas that you can work on: balance, strength training, yoga and aerobics. Many levels in each. It measures your BMI, weight and keeps track of the golas that you've set for yourself. Really fun little games for each area too.

9. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Maybe it's me.. and I don't mean to be a downer, but WTF is wrong with just doing an actual hula hoop? Or popping some funky music and doing step areobics? Or going for a power walk OUTSIDE?
    I don't understand this need spend a bajillion dollars nor to "play a video game" to get fit.

10. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Well, I would love to go for a walk ET, but not down 71 :nana:

11. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Plus, we bought console for the kids...the wii fit was just for me and my daughter for the winter, since we can't really afford to belong to a gym right now.

12. mrlugar

mrlugar New Member

I love my Wii Fit!!!

I had an absolutely crappy day at work one day and came home to work out some of my aggressions. It just happened to be the day that I unlocked Boxing - I did about 15 sessions of it. I couldn't lift my arms for 3 days afterwards!

I get a kick out of my "personal trainer" telling me what "great balance" I have. The balance board gives you feedback on where your weight is distributed, so you really maximize the effectiveness of your workouts.

At Thanksgiving, we made Mii's for my dad and father-in-law. When they did the BMI tests, it made their Mii's have bellies like theirs - we couldn't stop laughing!

13. lori

lori New Member

It's only $99 for the board (assuming you already have a wii), or that's what I paid this summer. The hula hoop game is a LOT more difficult and it's a lot more fun. Boxing is a lot more fun than hitting a punching bag. Those are the ones that seem to last longer. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to but I find a lot of what's on it hilarious.

I thought the feedback from the balance board was VERY interesting. A couple of years ago I was in a car accident and sprained my ankle and just generally jacked up a leg. I would say I have no problems from that... well, actually, I typically stand WAY off balance and what is balanced feels very funny. It takes a lot of concentration for me to do some of the balance games.

It's handy because it tracks you, lets you set goals, etc.

14. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

I got the kids a Wii for Christmas....ooops Santa did! I want to get the wii fit so bad! We have been playing MarioKart. I love that game!!! We have so much fun with it.

15. sadie

sadie New Member

I really like my Wii fit! It's more fun than just going for a walk at 2 AM in the freezing weather. I really can't blame it on the kids either. It's all mine.

16. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

Nothing wrong with doing an actual hula hoop or doing some stet aerobics or even going outside (except is is -45 here...) the wii fit is just a fun way of doing those things inside.. more people are apt to use the wii fit than say try to jog down a busy highway or do some sort of aerobics by themselves.. plus you get a "trainer" who helps you with yoga poses and such.. aaaaaaaand.. just like the girls are doing on the board.. competing on who got the most hula hoops.. it is just fun.. thats all.. just a fun way to get fit. I love mine!! It has helped me with my balance..

17. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

We got my son a Wii now I am looking for the best deal on the Wii Fit ... anybody know where they have them IN STOCK??

18. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

we just happened upon ours last night at Target. They had JUST set them out about an hour before we got there, and there were only 6 left out of the 30 that they put out. You really have to just call around every other day and see who's got them. It's very frustrating, but you'll find one. We paid 85.99 for ours.

19. lori

lori New Member

Yeah, I got mine in June, seems like they had not been around for long at that time.

I called Target, they had some and suggested I go right over, so I did. Don't forget to check Craigslist for X-mas present rejects.

20. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

can somebody keep an eye out for me one none of the walmarts in my area carry them... I have the Wii I just need the fitness stuff to go with it !!