Yearly female exams

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

How many of you get checked on a yearly basis? Pap smear and Mammogram

I go in every fall for both exams---- I would rather be safe then sorry and it only takes a few minutes for each test.

If you have never had a mammogram------WHY NOT? How old are you?

2. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

I go every year.. Dr. said I don't need a mammogram for a few more years.. as long as I do my daily self exams.. LOL I know my boobs inside and out... :_th_flash

3. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

I do a yearly pap. Each time as the doctor smiles and shakes my hand, I tell him I hate seeing him. He laughs.

4. Jamik

Jamik New Member

I'm really bad about it. I have never had a mammogram and I haven't had a pap since 2003. !@! I'm 42.

I am going to set up an appt soon though, so be easy on me.

5. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Just went in this morning, and no mammogram yet...just 32 years old! I go every year, have had problem in the past so I never miss a visit!!!!

6. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

I go every year for my pap and as soon as I hit forty I will go have my boobs smashed.

7. pinp

pinp New Member

I am horrible at going to the doctor [I better be dying/bleeding/vomiting uncontrollably/walking around with a bent limb/etc before I go in] and I didn't feel so bad about avoiding the lady doctor until PT manned up. baaaaaaaaaah.

8. lori

lori New Member

Yay PT for being brave. PINP--it's TOTALLY your turn. DOooo IT! Doooo IT!

9. April

April New Member

Had my first pap 2 years ago. They found some thing so had to go every 3 months after that. Am now going every 6 months and every thing is fine. Had my first mammogram last month. They said I had the breast tissue of a 20 year old. Tissue is real dense and was hard to get a clear pic. I guess that is a good thing. Oh I am 46

10. PT

PT New Member

Can't take all the credit, since the main reason I manned up is because I want an IUD. BUT, my Grandma is a breast cancer survivor, and I'm done being stubborn about check ups since I may not be as lucky as her, I'm going to make this a yearly thing.

Dood, do it! Mine's on Thursday with a brand new (guy) doctor (an actual OBGYN) and all, lol. Wish me luck!

11. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I have gone every year since I was 15.

12. flygyrl

flygyrl New Member

I go every 6 months-1 year for paps, since I have a tendency to have abnormal pap results. I have other 'female issues' too so skipping exams is a no-no for me. I am 26 so no mammograms yet.

13. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Its time for me to preach since I'm one of the older farts on the board!!!

I don't give a damn how old you are---- get a baseline Mammogram done! It does not hurt it dosent' leave you with any lingering effects.
    I minute of discomfort is all it takes ladies.

Please for the sake of yourself and those that love you, make an appointment.

I'm done ------ If you don't take care of yourself who will?

14. BUC

BUC Administrator

Most insurance companies will not pay for a mammogram until you reach 40 unless you have the history in your family.

15. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I have no family history but my dr. codes it right-----

They found some little tiny bumps on my right boob years ago so that is enough to get the ins. to pay. Fibra cystic~~

guess I"m lucky to have a dr. that is cooperative~

OK-- insurance pays once you turn 40~ HOW MANY OF YOU ARE OVER 40 AND STILL HAVE NOT HAD ONE???????
    You asked for that one BUC (sorry)

16. BUC

BUC Administrator

Asked for?!? I'm not 40 yet ;) But I have had one recently. Paid for it myself.

17. DENNIS

DENNIS New Member

my two cents--if you dont get it done yearly then you will not live to be an old fart like me and a few others on this board. :2c2 :2c2

18. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

:apl :apl :apl :apl :apl

good for you!

19. Kahli

Kahli New Member

Once a year, cause ya just never know. On both that is.

20. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Every year on both since I was about 36. Early on it was every 6 months for the mammogram cause Family history and lumpy boobs can get scary.

Do not put off your exams, they can save and prevent future problems and death! Make the appointment!