5 Day Trail Ride 6/29-7/03/2009 in Illinois

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by snaffle, Jan 21, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

How is the ride?

Is it possible to ride individual days without camping? I don't have LQ and no one to do evening chores so I would have to head home each evening.

3. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Yes, it is all explained online when you click on the 5-Day Ride link.

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

sometimes its just easier to ask----I have dial up and Vista, my downloads suck big time. Can never watch anything on Utube, just won't load up.

I should have IM'd Snaffle instead

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

MTD - the link is an actual web page. It should load fine.

6. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I tried, quit after about 8 minutes---still wasn't complete

Thats ok--- I will be seeing snaffle- I'll get all info from her

7. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Annual 5 Day Ride 2009
    June 29 - July 3
    (Camping & Riding available June 25 - July 5)
    Request a Registration form by clicking on "Contact Us" to register now for the 2009 Annual 5 Day Ride. All Full Time Registration forms received by June 1, 2009, will be entered into a raffle for a chance to to win a FREE RIDE for 2010!

Come spend your summer vacation in Amboy, Illinois, where all organized rides are held on private property. Spend time with old friends and come meet new friends. This is sure to be an unforgettable week of trail riding, dancing and good times at Green River Saddle Club's 5 Day Ride 2009. This ride will be a clover-leaf ride with a permanent camp located at 1580 Morman Road in Amboy. If you do not feel like riding every day, you can sit back and relax with friends. Green River Saddle Club has a 50x100 air-conditioned clubhouse with a full bar.

Full Time Rider Fees
    Adults: $110 Children (Age 16 and Under): $50 Fee includes camping Monday - Friday; riding from June 27 - July 5; dinners Monday - Friday; all dances and electrical hook-ups for the first 66 rigs.

Part Time Rider Fees
    Daily Camping Fee: $15.00 Camping fee is per rig. Electrical hook-ups are for full time riders only. If paying for camping an evening when a dance is held, there is no charge to attend the dance.

Daily Rider Fee: $ 3.00

Optional Fees
    Continental Breakfast $ 2.00 (available during the ride) Additional Nights Camping $15.00 (per rig) Dinners $10.00 (available June 27 - July 3) Dances $ 3.00

Membership Dues
    All those attending this ride must be a 2009 member of Green River Saddle Club. Adult Membership: $15.00 (if paid by 2/08/09) and $20.00 (if paid after 2/08/09) Child Membership: $ 5.00 (if paid by 2/08/09) and $10.00 (if paid after 2/08/09)

Ride Schedule
    Saturday June 27 1:00 pm Sunday June 28 1:00 pm Monday - Friday June 29 - July 3 10:00 - 2:00 pm Saturday July 4 10:00 am Sunday July 5 10:00 am

There is a designated area for riding on your own.

Other Ride Information
    Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm in the clubhouse June 27 - July 3. Dinners are only guaranteed for those who have pre-registered for them.

A DJ will provide dancing on Saturday and Sunday prior to the ride, as well as Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings beginning at 8:00 pm in the clubhouse. The clubhouse bar will be open during all dances. No outside drinks are allowed in the clubhouse.

For More Information
    Conact: 815.695.1488 or 815.857.2440

8. snaffle

snaffle Guest

appygsp thank you for posting the information!! You are waaay too kewl!!

MTD... I have barely any information on the 5 day ride in my pea brain ;)
    Any thing you need to know.. I could find out for you..

but I just wouldnt have the answer on the tip of my tongue..
    NOW you know... my secrets ;)

9. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Thank you Appy!!!! I tried again and no go~

Sounds like a fun ride--- I'll be there at least for one day. If anyone would like to ride along I can put your horse up for the night (instead of hauling all the way home and back again) and we can go two days in a row.

10. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

The info didn't "line up" very nicely, but ya get the jist of it...

Maybe I'll see you there.