A bear?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by desederada, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Doneeta

Doneeta Member

I live about four miles from one of the areas the bear was sighted at, it would be nice to get to see him/her, but at some other time than when I am deer hunting and out in the woods alone with only a crossbow and a buck knife!

2. Shell

Shell New Member

So, Doneeta, you just want to kill it because it does exists?
    Do you also eat Bear?
    Or is it for the thrill and to say you did it, as you adorn yourself with it's pelt around you?

3. Doneeta

Doneeta Member

I never said anything about killing the bear, in fact I said I wanted to see it at some other time than when I was out there. And yes I have tried bear meat and no I didnt think it was all that great. And I will be the first to tell you that if the bear was coming at me in an aggressive manner while I am deer hunting, I am going to shoot it. I could give a shit less about how you or anyone else feels about that.

4. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

Why isn't it hibernating?

5. Shell

Shell New Member

Sorry, I miss understood your wording. To me this sounded like you'd like to hunt the bear at a time when your not hunting deer.
    I have nothing against anyone having to defend themselves or to defend someone eles from a dangerous situation.

6. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

MMMmMmMmmM bear stew is good for my belly!!! Yep, I would kill it if I saw it.. skin it.. wrap it's fur around my fat ass.. and eat it in BBQ, stew, chili, or as jerky.......

7. Shell

Shell New Member

I have no problem if the thrill of the hunt consists of killing for the meat & souvenirs. Or because of over population.

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

Hey D...I have the slicer and dehydrator fired up. Go get that sukah >:D

9. Shell

Shell New Member

Look Out Boo Boo!

10. Doneeta

Doneeta Member

Well rest assured that I am not going bear hunting unless I am doing it from my truck with a camera. Unless of course as I mentioned before it gets close enough to me while I am hunting for me to see it's pearly whites and I would prefer that didnt happen. I don't hunt for any reason other than the meat and like I said, the one time I tried bear meat it sucked, maybe it was just the way they cooked it, so I would try it again. But that doesnt mean I am going out to waste a bear just for another taste. I am sure now that the bear has been brought to attention that before long some Ted Nugent wanna be will kill it for no reason other than say he did.

11. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

This bear lives in my neck of the woods as well...and I certainly don't want to see it. It's a little close for comfort, IMO.

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Maybe now people will start believing us when sightings of cougars, wolves and now bears are reported.

We aren't that far from WI and this type of animal is no stranger up there.

13. BUC

BUC Administrator

I just wanted to congratulate Shell on getting D to post :D That's the most I've seen out of her in 5 years, LMAO.

14. Doneeta

Doneeta Member

And you wondered why I never post! Theres your answer!

15. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

You should post more - I love that Avatar! :laugh:

BTW - it has been confirmed that we do have cougars in the area. Many have been sighted in Lee county, I had a Lee county cop tell me this, one night while we were camping and having a few adult beverages. They are not making a big ta-do about it because of the panic some people create about it.

but I tell you what - it sure makes me keep my eyes open at certain parks....... ;)

16. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I've always wondered when we are out with the RV------ Have heard some different type of sounds at night when we are camping in remote areas.

Neighbor and his dogs tracked what he said was a cougar, lost the scent and prints once they got to the creek. I am starting to believe him more then before.

17. Shell

Shell New Member

I apologized. I misunderstood what you wrote!