A better perspective on the cold...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by JZ, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JZ

JZ New Member

We need a different perspective on our current weather...

Here's what we are focusing on--we only have two days left of this ridiculous cold, then we get back to some really nice winter temps. AND, it's going to be very sunny today, which helps out a LOT.

there.

everyone happier now?

:D

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Not one little bit.
    It's still fucking COLD out.

But, thanks for trying! ;D

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

What ET said :th_flipoff:

4. JZ

JZ New Member

LOL, yeah, why did I expect this kind of response?? ;D

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

Well someone has to fart rainbows and pixie dust ;D

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Here's another perspective...we could live in AK where it was -60 without a wind chill. Now quit your whinin and suck it up. :D ;)

7. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I look at it this way.

I 'get' to stay home ALL day.

I can cuddle up on the couch with an aphgan and watch tv all evening!

8. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

:th_ditto:

And when curling up with the afghan don't forget the puppy and kitty.

9. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Actually I agree, the sun did help me. I actually got off my ass, played with the horses and took off and did errands.

My mood is much better today then it has been, hubby even asked me why so cheerful. The sun? Who knows~~

10. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

if it makes you guys feel any better....

We have a Chinook wind right now.. making our temps go from -45 to 45 ABOVE!!! but.. only for a week.. then back to -40 or lower.... you guys get an arctic blast for a few days... we get a warm blast for a few days.... so.. when you guys get to go back to 40 or 50 degrees... we get to go back to -40 to -50 :( not very nice of Mother Nature to tease me that way.....

so yeah.. what Mass said... quit your whining and suck it up!! LOL :th_flipoff:

11. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Well AKPonyGirl, you did decide to move up there, full well knowing what you were getting :angel:

I had 8 hours worth of labs today, 8 am straight to 4 pm. 6 of those hours in the barns/arena. Granted, sheltered from the wind, but still very COLD. Plus was outside at 7 doing stalls and other chores, then out to the barn at 4 - 5 to clean stalls and let William walk around a bit. No riding today.

12. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Here is another prespective:

You are all invited to my house to change both right side tires on my truck
    then ya all can put the battery charger on my hubby's plow truck change the broken
    plow springs on the plow.......then come in and help me drink a bottle of
    mudslide. Or ya all can stay home, I can look out my window and wish it was warmer
    all the while smiling inside cause I have not one but TWO flat tires, a plow truck
    that won't start with a broken plow on it, wich means I won't be going back to work
    and can go back upstairs pull the covers over my head and let the world happen.
    Yep that's what I am gonna do.

13. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I just came in from the barns after refilling all 7 water buckets. But that was after breaking out the ice from the water that they didn't drink earlier.

I'm freezing!

14. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Well, the bright side for me is....since we have our thermostat set to 60, and it's so frigging cold outside, I haven't seen little "ladybugs" flying around my house. On those days that it is really sunny and the south side rooms heat up naturally inside to higher temps, the little bastards are bouncing off the ceilings!

15. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

My happy thought through all these horrible below 0 temps was that I would get up, do the chores and then be able to fix Chicken n Noodles, but Nooooooooooo that damn Rooster made it through just fine. ;D

16. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Oh yeah never thought of that I went into the barn last night when it was -12, and there were no flies in the barn...there's some optimism for ya!

17. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

That alone (no bugs) makes winter liveable!

bugs,sweating, wet spots from urine, mud------- just a few things that will return in a few months!

18. syndiego

syndiego New Member

More reasons to be happy:

Icecream headache without the calories.

Go outside with a smile on your face, it will be there all day.

When it warms up to 6 above, it will feel like a heat wave.

19. cudabear

cudabear New Member

My lovely BF pointed out this morning, that our deep freezer in the basement is warmer than the temp outside. I just told him "Gee thanks for that little bit of information". He hasn't even been outside yet, I went out to do my chores. Now he's talking about going to town to shop. :slapfight: