Ain't Nobody Here...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Sarah315, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

but us chickens!  We found Lucky snoozing in the chicken coop one day.  After I snapped the pic I picked him up, and sure enough, there was an egg in there.  Did he lay it or was he just keeping it warm.  I guess we will never know. ;)

[​IMG]

2. lori

lori New Member

I think we need more pics of your chicken set up, period!

3. Sarah315

Sarah315 Active Member

OK, you asked for it!

Here's our coop when we were building it. It is basicly a 8X6 shed with a fake dutch door and 2 windows. The sheds they sold at Lowes, Menards, etc. were so poorly constructed we decided to build our own. We painted it taupe and white to match our house, garage, and barn. PS-did you know chickens like to help build stuff? Ours were always "helping".
    [​IMG]

And here's the nest boxes we built. The slanted part on top is for storage, and so they can't roost up there and shit.
    [​IMG]

We just let ours free range around the yard so we don't have a run. I think I will make one this year though, so they don't eat my garden. And here's a pic of our geese just for fun!
    [​IMG]

4. Shadow

Shadow New Member

:eek: I am totally amazed that the Chickens allow the cat to be in the coop..let alone sleep in a nesting box..that is totally freakin kool..