Almost 1 month in

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Jen, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Jen

Jen New Member

Let me just sum up what Obama has accomplished not even a month into his presidency.

He ordered the closing of the Guatanamo Bay prison. Where those poor cute little cuddly misunderstood terrorists will go is still up in the air.

He ordered the CIA detention centers shut down.

And he dropped charges against that Al Qaeda terrorist responsible for the USS Cole bombing.

Remember, his first call as President to a foreign leader was to Mahmoud Abbas. His first interview as POTUS was to Al Arabiyah. Need I also remind you of all the foreign donations that came in from Gaza?

Anyway, as a result of the self-inflicted suffering of the Hamastinians, Obama has signed a Presidential Determination allowing these genocidal Hamas supporters to resettle in the U.S., at the expense of us taxpayers.

Should I have just made this post a continuation of the "We're Fucked" thread? Probably.

2. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I suppose you don't want to hear my "boots on the ground" news from Iraq then?

or about the situation in Afghanistan as it stands now either?

Maybe there needs to be rewording for clarity. I think we may not be "fucked" anymore, as "fucked" carries the subconscious coloring of something at least pleasant (to most) and generative (at least sometimes) due to the standard English usage of the word (although in its original Saxon meaning perhaps it is apropos).

I think a better statement at this point might be:

We are toast. (although even that doesn't appropriately convey the proper meaning due to pleasant word associations, who doesn't like toast? which leads me to believe that the English language is going to need to evolve some less optimistic words and quit being so damn cheery).

3. Shell

Shell New Member

How about We're in Shit Creek without a paddle.

Who's going to want to jump in a creek full of shit to pull the boat to shore?
    (I would if I had to, but wouldn't like it one bit!, but you do what you got to do...any other volunteers?)

4. JenR

But the Shit Creek phrase holds hopes of some redemptive process (because there are folks who would volunteer to jump in and pull the frakker to shore) -- in this case it seems while there are those who would volunteer to jump in, there is another group that would wilfully fight to keep the boat in the shit creek.

Our language is entirely too optimistic, I'm telling ya'.

Perhaps: Americka ist kaput.

5. pinp

pinp New Member

how about 'we've gotta lot of sand in the vaseline' ?

6. JenR

...and didn't even get a kiss...or a reach around

7. Shell

Shell New Member

Even though separating the two would be tough and mind boggleing to some, to others it could be seen as a moisturizer that helps sheds off dry skin.

8. Shell

Shell New Member

As in "He the Great One" and others already thought so, and now can start it back up their way.

9. Shell

Shell New Member

I thinking about these :D

How about for for both...to busy for what's important to you right now, but doesn't mean your forgotten..your needs just aren't that important at the moment?

10. Shell

Shell New Member

How about a one way ticket to Hell?

11. JenR

I think you might have hit on something:

One way Toll booth super-expressway ticket to Hell.

or maybe: We're on the Dan Ryan to Hell (which gets the Chi theme working).

12. Shell

Shell New Member

I like the super-expressway ticket to Hell.

I picture the Chicago/Indiana Skyway. Once your on, you can't change your mind and get off.

13. JenR

Oooh, good one!

14. Shell

Shell New Member

Soooo?.... :D

National Express Skyway ticket to Hell? (althought, I think those who don't know of the Skyway would think it has to do with airplanes :- )
    National Highway Skyway ticket to Hell?
    or
    Chicago's National Skyway-Super Express Highway ticket to Hell?

or..... ;D

For those of them who believe in "the great one" can show their support by paying at the toll booth......
    while the rest of us will use the Freeway.

edit in: the later it gets in a day, the more creative I always become ;)

15. Susan

Susan New Member

got a chuckle via email I thought I'd share:

Barack Obama was seated next to a little girl on an airplane trip back to Washington. He turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to The Obama, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the Obama. "How about What Changes I Should Make To America?" and he smiles.

"OK," she says. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

Obama, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it for a second and finally says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to change America when you don't know shit?"

16. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

He did, however, stimulate the deficit. ;)