American Warmblood Registry

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by AKPonygirl, Jan 28, 2009.

1. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

When someone says that their stallion is Blue Premium breeding status.. what does that really mean? Tell me about the Registry.... I looked on their website.. and read their rules and regs. but I kinda wanted to hear what real people say about it.

2. desederada

desederada New Member

There's actually two registries American Warmblood Registry and American Warmblood Society. If you go to COTH and do a search or UD and do a search you'll be overwhelmed with information and be sorry you asked :laugh:

3. Joie

Joie New Member

I don't think either of the "American Warmblood" associations/registries have a "Blue Premium" designation, to tell you the truth. I know the AWS has a "Blue Preferred" status but that does not mean the stallion is "approved", and I believe the AWR has a "First Premium" or Premier rating, but not a "Blue Premium". I'd ask the stallion owner exactly which one the stallion was inspected with, and for detailed results. It almost sounds liike false advertising, or at the very least like the owner has no idea what they are talking about. Either way, I'd be skeptical.

4. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

OoOOOooOoooh hmm ok cool thanks :)

5. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I second what Joie said -- there are awards given at inspections for scoring a certain percentage (I'm not completely sure of it all, as I've never really had much dealings with either the AWS or the AWR), but that in no way means that a stallion is licensed/approved as a breeding stallion. There have been people who have used the award a horse got at the inspection as a selling point in their advertisements -- and people who have been led astray, thinking that this meant that they were taking their mare to an approved stallion.

With either registry I think it behooves a mare owner to take a good look at the website (which I believe lists the approved/licensed stallions) and then research closely the individual stallions (actually, not a bad idea with any registry, but some registries are a bit more of a "sure thing" than others) ;)