Anyone else sick?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Willie76, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Bryan came back to Carbondale sick, which means I automatically pick it up. Just in time for school to start tomorrow.

My head is POUNDING. My sinuses are killing me. My throat is starting to be swollen. I can feel the infection brewing every time I cough and sneeze.

Body aches.

Lovely. Lovely. Can't wait to sit in class all day tomorrow.

2. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I keep getting sick, for the past couple months. It leaves for a while and comes back with a vengence.

3. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

I had a sinus infection 2 months ago, that turned into an inner ear infection 3 weeks ago, and am still hacking up crap and having sinus problems. I think my nose is permanately swollen from blowing all the time.

According to my doc, there is some nasty flu-like bug going around w/ sinus symptoms that takes about 3 months to get over. Antibiotics do nothing.

4. HFSH

HFSH New Member

I've had the crud on and off since Thanksgiving. A wicked cough and my sinuses are draining all the time. On my 7th box of Kleenex in about 2 weeks.

5. JZ

JZ New Member

I never catch stuff.

I wash my hands all throughout the day.

I really think it helps.

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

With my job, I wash my hands constantly and we clean door knobs every day too there, so we don't spread crap around. Hasn't done any good. Several people I work with have the same thing that keeps coming back.

7. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Hubby got sick early last week, baby was right after him. Then my 11 year old started coughing and mine finally hit full blown on Saturday :-[
    I don't want to move!

8. Rexy78

Rexy78 New Member

I don't get sick. :p

9. PT

PT New Member

I've had the two week cold from hell, and I never (well, until now) get sick either...

10. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I am only sick in the head ;)

After I eat stupidly...
    or am exposed to sick people..

I will drink a cup of de-tox tea..
    I think that helps a bit.

11. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I've been much healthier this winter (knock on wood).....

talk to your doctor about getting a Pneumovax and next fall get a flu shot....the flu shot made me sick for about 2 days, but I've been OK so far this year....and I work almost daily with people with influenza and strep and etc.etc..........

My husband, DD, and me (or is it I?).....all got both these shots this year, and its made a HUGE difference...

Hope everyone posting gets better soon.....stay warm and drink lots of fluids....

12. mrlugar

mrlugar New Member

I'm finally feeling better today, after being sick for two weeks. I've had a horrible cough that just wouldn't quit. 3 days of being at a swim meet cleared me up I think - warm, moist, chlorine-filled air!

Has anyone tried oscillococcinum? Someone recommended it to me. It is for flu symptoms, but the active ingredient sounds scary: Anas Barbariae hepatis ed cordis extractum 200CK HPUS. Can we make some mental translations of that one? I'm thinking "extracting a hepatitus barb from my anus with a cord". :asspank:

13. lori

lori New Member

See, all you needed was to have taken some Latin. Ed didn't make sense there, it should be et. I sucked at Latin but et = and, cordis = heart, Anas Barbarie looks like a proper noun. Extractum probably has something to do with extract. See, not scary!